3.10 entries won't delete

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 18, 2017   (RSS)

By KennyH - July 18, 2017

I upgraded several sites to 3.10 over the past few days and for only those websites, I cannot delete any CMSB entries.  Everythign else works. You can add entries, modify them,etc but cannot delete them. If I click delete, I get the following error:

(An unexpected error occurred: #14085) (An unexpected error occurred: #14086) (An unexpected error occurred: #14087) MySQL Error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I checked the setting file and everything is in order from what I can tell. Proper username and password to the MySQL database is there.

I didn't think we had to use MySQLi yet.  These are just basic websites with no extra coding or programming. Is there something I am missing here?

In the PHP error logs, I see:

E_WARNING: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

E_WARNING: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established

E_DEPRECATED: mysql_query(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

By KennyH - July 18, 2017

Hi Dave - 

That worked.

For plugins, I noticed that two of them were out of date

• CSV Import 1.09 (needed 1.11)
  • Website Membership 1.11 (needed 1.12)

I updated both of them and went back to mysqli. Still got the same error. Switched back to Legacy mysql and entries delete as normal.

Any other things I might look at to get it functioning as intended?

Thanks,

Kenny 

By Dave - July 18, 2017

Hey Kenny, 

If you can email me at dave@interactivetools.com with a link to this post and CMS/FTP login details I can take a look and debug it for you.  Note: Don't post login details to the forum.

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com