Manage subscribers for mailing lists

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 6, 2017   (RSS)

By Toledoh - July 2, 2017

Hey guys.

I have an existing list of subscribers in _nlb_subscribers, and I have created a new mailing list "newList"  in _nlb_lists.

I can "Create Mailing List (from Search Results)" via the Advanced Commands.

Can we;

• Select users via checkbox and "Add selected users to New Mailing List"
  • Select users via checkbox and "Add selected users to Existing Mailing List"
  • Select users via checkbox and "Remove selected users to Existing Mailing List"
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Dave - July 5, 2017

Hi Tim, 

It doesn't do that and would take a bit of time and custom code to add that feature, but what about this as a workaround:

• Select users via checkbox and "Export as CSV (Checked Records)" [using CSV Export plugin)
  • Copy and paste email list into: CMS Setup > Plugins > Newsletter Builder > Mass Add/Remove Emails

Would that work for you? 

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By Dave - July 6, 2017

Hi Tim, 

It's hardcoded to only allow admins but you could change it to allow logged in users by finding this code in the newsletterBuilder.php file:

pluginAction_addHandlerAndLink('Mass Add Emails', 'nlb_pluginMenu_importEmails', 'admins');
pluginAction_addHandlerAndLink('Mass Remove Emails', 'nlb_pluginMenu_removeEmails', 'admins');

And changing it to:

pluginAction_addHandlerAndLink('Mass Add Emails', 'nlb_pluginMenu_importEmails', 'users');
pluginAction_addHandlerAndLink('Mass Remove Emails', 'nlb_pluginMenu_removeEmails', 'users');

Let me know if that works for you.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By Toledoh - July 6, 2017

Perfect - thanks Dave.

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)