WebsiteMembership 1.12 question

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 5, 2017   (RSS)

By gkornbluth - July 1, 2017

Hi all,

I'm using a customized version of the websiteMembership plugin V1.10 in a site that's running CMSB V3.09

I saw the note about needing to change mysql functions to mysqli functions in the upgrade notes for CMSB 3.10 and PHP 7, but when looking at the code in the new websiteMembership plugin V1.12 it still had mysql functions instead of mysqli functions.

Does this mean that I should wait for the next upgrade of the websiteMembership plugin before customizing the code to match my needs?

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Dave - July 5, 2017

Hi Jerry, 

Website Membership v1.12 is using all the new mysqli functions.  We just have some of our own function we wrote ourselves that start with mysql_.  Eg: mysql_get, mysql_escape, etc.  But they've all been upgraded behind the scenes to work with PHP 7 and mysqli.  So you can use this version.  

We want to make things easy, though.  You only HAVE to update the mysql code if your server is on PHP 7.  That's because PHP 7 doesn't support the legacy mysql_ functions.

For PHP 5.6 sites that use old mysql_ code you can enable this option under: Admin > General > Advanced Settings
Legacy MySQL Support [__] Connect to legacy PHP MySQL library to support old code (doubles required MySQL connections)

Hope that helps, let me know any questions.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By gkornbluth - July 5, 2017

Great, thanks Dave,

Just to clarify...

Do I understand that unless the server is running PHP 7, if I want to use 3.10 I need to implement Legacy MySQL Support

Just wanted to get ahead of the curve.

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Dave - July 5, 2017

Hi Jerry, 

CMSB v3.10 works on all the currently supported PHP versions (5.6, 7.0, 7.1, etc).

But the thing to do to get ahead of the curve would be to start upgrading to CMSB 3.10 and see if you get any mysql errors.  If you do, you can temporarily turn on "Legacy MySQL Support" and it'll fix them and you'll know you have some code to update.

If it works in CMSB v3.10 without legacy support on then it will work with PHP 7.  

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com