I am using the csv export plugin to export all my accounts/user table. Within the control panel if I edit any of the records there is a section relating to the tables they have access to and at what level. When I export the user table that information isnt included in the csv file. How do I export the user file complete with those settings please? Once that is done I want to edit the table so that table access value is changed to correspond to the new table names prior to importing to the rewritten site.
Thanks in advance for your help.
The access levels are stored in a table called "_accesslist" which you could access here: admin.php?menu=_accesslist Note that you might get some PHP errors as it's not intended for you to access directly. But I tested and you can CSV Export for there.
It's not really designed to do that though and may not work as you intend. What might be easier is to use the Admin > Backup & Restore menu and export the accounts and _accesslist tables and edit those. Still you're going to working with a lot of internal undocumented data.
What are you wanting to do?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
thanks for your response. I am rewriting a large site which at the moment has a number of individual tables that I am looking to merge into a single table.
I have managed to export the user and table data and import into the new tables excluding uploads which we will re-upload manually. We need to ensure that if a user logs in that they have access to their data which isnt happening at the moment, we have two tables (users and their business data) but nothing linking user account to their data. This can be fixed if we manually go into the user account and set each users access to the new table containing their business data which by the sounds of it may be the simplest method but I have just exported the file to CSV and it has almost 6000 records to link that is likely to be time consuming. This is a bit confusing as according to cmsb there are only 338 user accounts so not sure why there would be so many records in the _accesslist file. Whatever the reason there seems to be a large capacity for things to go wrong if we edit and import the file.
I was hoping that I could export the _acceslist as a csv, open it in excel and change the table name each user has access to. In most cases they will curently have access to just one of a number of tables such as serviced_accommodation, self_catering, holiday_cottages business_list etc. These tables have now been amalgamated into a single table called advertisers so my hope was that I can simply replace the existing table names with the new table in the csv file and import into the new site but this doesnt look as though it will be as straight forward as I imagined so it looks as though the safest way will be to just manually assign each user to the correct table in the new site. I suppose on a positive note we can use the opportunity to remove dormant and expired accounts at the same time as opposed to retaining them, How does the song go "always look on the bright side of life" :-)