New Install - errorlog_enable: error_reporting() must be set to -1, not 32759!

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 21, 2017   (RSS)

By Dave - June 21, 2017

Hi icttech,

Can you make sure you're using the latest v3.10 version of CMSB?  The 'mysql' library stop being required a few versions ago (we use mysqli now).  You can download the latest version here: https://www.interactivetools.com/order/download.php

Next, if you still get the error_reporting() error, here's what's happening.  We set error_reporting(-1) in /lib/init.php so that the CMS can capture and log all errors.  That error you're getting is one that should never happen. The error logging library is reporting that error reporting isn't what it was expecting it to be set to.  My first guess is either your PHP configuration isn't letting you set error_reporting() or you've got a CMS plugin or another script changing it in the middle of CMSB starting up.

Here's a quick script you can test to confirm you can set error_reporting() on your server: 

<?php // test_error_reporting.php
print "<h1>Test setting error_reporting()</h1>\n";
print "<li>error_reporting() returns: " . error_reporting(). "\n";
print "<li>setting error_reporting(-1)\n"; error_reporting(-1);
print "<li>error_reporting() returns: " . error_reporting(). "\n"; // expecting -1
?>

Can you let me know if installing v3.10 fixes it and/or the output of the script?

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By icttech - June 21, 2017

Hi Dave,

The web developer is using version 3.05 build 2093. I did notice that when I changed the database to mysqli in init.php I was presented with another error regarding the database connection so I figured it must be using wrong instruction set.

I ran the error script on v3.05 and got this
Test setting error_reporting()

• error_reporting() returns: 32759
  • setting error_reporting(-1)

I have downloaded and installed 3.10 now without issues during install with PHP7.0.
After running error_reporting script on v3.10 I get this
Test setting error_reporting()

• setting error_reporting(-1)
  • error_reporting() returns: -1

Thanks for your help.

Jim

~icttech