adding a matrix field option

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 17, 2017   (RSS)

By Damon - June 8, 2017

Hi, 

It sounds like Related Records might be what you are after. Related Records are an advanced field that displays records from related tables on the edit page. You can set options to allow modify, erase and create the related records.

If you are just creating FAQs, you could use a multi-section editor to create questions and answers. For something like Clients and Projects related to those clients, related records works well.

Do you have a specific example of what you are wanting?

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By moh3 - June 11, 2017

Dear Damon thank you for your feedback actually i don't think i was clear in my question please see attached video for more info the idea is witihn a multi recird section when adding a single record what is needed is the ability to more fields such as ( text, WYSIWYG, etc )

Attachments:

Video_2017-06-11_201439.wmv 260K

By Dave - June 17, 2017

Hi moh3, 

Thanks for posting the video.  I have a clear understanding of what you're looking for now.  It's very similar to how the "Quick Add" form in the Field Editor works.

Currently, there's no quick way to do that.  You'd need to click "Add" from the list page, enter the value, then press "Save". And do it again.   We've created a few one-off custom plugins that allowed for inline-editing on the list page.  But nothing official yet.  

Anyways, thanks for your suggestion, we'll keep it in mind as we add and improve the available fields. 

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Dave - June 17, 2017

And to answer your original question: 

>or can you guide me on an api to develop this sort of function

One way to do it would be to write a plugin or custom PHP form that did that and just have it load/save it's results from the CMS.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com