considerations when upgrading to version 3.09?

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 17, 2017   (RSS)

By Deborah - May 16, 2017

This question is for Interactive Tools...

As regards the viewer pages code when upgrading existing CMSB sites (versions 2.61 to 3.08) to the new version 3.09 for PHP 7...

Other than compatibility with plugins or custom programming done by IT, is there anything I need to be aware of for viewer code when upgrading? This question is in reference to code formerly created via the CMSB Code Generator and any commonly used code snippets for searches, etc., not any specialized code.

Before I take the upgrade leap, I'd like to better understand what impact this might have for my workload.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

~ Deborah

By Deborah - May 17, 2017

Hi, Ross.

That's comforting to know the generated viewer code of those older CMSB versions won't be affected.

What I might do is kick off CMSB 3.09 and PHP 7 on one of my new installations and see if there's anything in my usual code "library" customizations that would need adjustment. Once I get through that, I'll start upgrades on many of my older installs.

I have Cloud Linux on my dedicated server, so I can toggle PHP on a per-domain basis, which is sweet! (Just haven't tried PHP 7 on any sites yet.)

Thanks for the reply!

~ Deborah