PHP 7 CMSB - Download Alpha version here and help us test

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 4, 2017   (RSS)

By Dave - March 23, 2017

Hi All, 

We've got our first alpha build of a CMS Builder that supports PHP 7.  It's alpha (that comes before beta), so don't use it on any production sites.  But you can download it here: https://www.interactivetools.com/order/download.php  (just select the version that says  ALPHA in the name).

Here's some info on the changes we've made.  PHP supports two mysql libraries named "mysql" and "mysqli" (i for improved).  We originally wrote CMSB v1.00 using mysqli but for compatibility reasons switched it to mysql (no i) shortly after release.  Anyways, fast forward to now, the recently released PHP 7 now no longer supports the original mysql extension.  So we've switched everything back to using mysqli.

A couple things to note, any plugins or 3rd party code that directly uses the mysql extensions will no longer work.  We're going to look into adding support for those in the next alpha release.

Please give this a try and let me know any feedback or bug reports.  Also note that you can also test this on a PHP 5.6 server, we need to make sure it works on all supported PHP versions old and new.

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By KCMedia - March 24, 2017 - edited: March 24, 2017

Hi Dave

Great news about releasing for PHP7

I tried doing an install on PHP7.0.13 and it worked but i get this error straight after install

Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /cmsb/lib/admin_functions.php on line 312
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /cmsb/lib/admin_functions.php:312) in /cmsb/lib/menus/header.php on line 4

I then tried an install on PHP7.1.0 and i got these errors on the first page load when the setup loads.

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /cmsb/lib/menus/header_functions.php on line 72
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /cmsb/lib/menus/header_functions.php on line 72

These are the only issues I got on install and using the system at all.

Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz

By Dave - March 27, 2017

Thanks Craig, 

I've patched these issues and released "beta1".  You can download it here: 

https://www.interactivetools.com/order/download.php

Note: Only the /lib/ folder needs to be re-uploaded if you've installed the previous version.  Let me know if you run into any other issues.

Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By Dave - March 28, 2017 - edited: March 28, 2017

Hi All, 

I've released "Beta 2" with a few more fixes.  I'm now running this version on PHP 7.1 on my machine all the time now.

You can download it here: https://www.interactivetools.com/order/download.php

Note: Only the /lib/ folder needs to be re-uploaded if you've installed a previous version.  Let me know if you run into any other issues.

Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By KCMedia - March 28, 2017

Hi Dave

OK did a fresh install on both PHP7 and PHP7.1 and both worked and all looking great no issues so far.

Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz