User Account > Account Expiration Dates (Year)

6 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 13, 2017   (RSS)

By Damon - March 9, 2017

I have a site running 2.53 (Build 1040). Currently the Account Expiration Year only goes to 2016. Do I need to upgrade in order to fix that?

You can update the Account Expiration Year to any range you want. Here are the steps:

1. Login into CMS Builder and go to the User Accounts.
2. From the Advanced Commands drop down (bottom left of the page) choose Admin: Edit Section and click the go button.
3. On the CMS Setup > Section Editors > User Accounts page, go the Advanced Commands drop down (bottom left of the page) and choose Enable System Field Editing and click the go button.
4. Next, click the modify link for Account Expires. On the following page change the Year Range years as needed and click the Save button.
5. On the CMS Setup > Section Editors > User Accounts page, go the Advanced Commands drop down (bottom left of the page) and choose Disable System Field Editing and click the go button.

That is it.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By csdesign - March 9, 2017

wow... feel like I should have known that. All fixed up. Thank you!!! 

By bjaggard - June 12, 2017

I have the same issue - the expiration date was 2016.

I followed the directions below and changed the parameters from 2009 to 2016. Changed to 2016 to 2024. 

Saved, then disabled System Field Editing.

Went back to update the date to show todays date and, again, won't go past 2016.

When I go back and check, the dates show 2016 to 2024....

By Damon - June 13, 2017

Hi,

I just went through the steps again and it worked for me.

What version of CMS Builder are you using? 

You can find the version under Admin > General Settings.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Deborah - June 13, 2017

Hi, gjaggard. Just wondering if I might have a clue here...

The instructions/example provided apply specifically to the User Accounts. Changes made to the User Accounts menu would not affect the individual section/content editors. In other words, it's not a site-wide change. Each section editor has its own year range option, so each section editor would need a change of date range applied. If you visit the section editor in question, you can there change the date year range.

~ Deborah