disable header in newsletterBuilder emails

10 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: March 6, 2017   (RSS)

By ht1080z - February 23, 2017

Hi,

I'm sending emails from the newsletterBuilder via SendPulse SMTP service.
I got feedback from many host that the email i sending has 2 headers and i need to disbale the header of the sending plugin in the cmsBuilder side.

Is there any option to do that?

Thank you in advance,
Karls

By ross - February 24, 2017

Hi Karls

Do you know which header you need to disable?

Newsletter Builder sends email headers and an html header.

Disabling either will take some customization but for now, could you let me know which one you are thinking of?

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By ht1080z - February 24, 2017

Hi Ross,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm almost sure that i need to disable the email header. This is what makes hosts and spam servers to mismatch.

If you can please send me some directions how to start.

Thank you,
Karls

By Dave - February 27, 2017

Hi Karls, 

Can you ask them which header exactly?  The to: and from: information is also part of the header, so if we were to not send any email header information the email wouldn't send.

Here's an example and some details on what's in the email header: https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643950/understanding-an-email-header

Let me know which header they think is getting duplicated.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By ht1080z - February 27, 2017

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your time on this.

I just (27.02.17 22:17 GMT+2) sent a test newsletter to your email so if you can please take a look for this double header issue.

I'm using SendPulse SMTP service from the cmsBuilder, also contacted SendPulse with this. "Generally spam filters find the message suspicious with 2 headers in it).

Thank you again,
Karls

By Dave - February 27, 2017

Hi Karls, 

I received the headers, I'll email them to you as well, I don't see any obvious problems.  

The feedback from your vendor doesn't make sense.  We need them to be more specific.

What is the problem you are trying to solve and/or what header are they seeing duplicates of? 

interactivetools.com

By ht1080z - February 27, 2017

Hi Dave,

i'm sending some of the newsletter tests and final emails to the same domain emails as the main sender domain is and SPAM filters find it suspicious and/or spam. There is no problem with other domains or email vendors only with the same domain.

Karls

By Dave - February 28, 2017

Hi Karls, 

Ok, got it.  So the place to look would be at the spam filter.  Which spam filter is it?  And are they able to determine what is triggering it?  It could be many things.  Setting up SPF and DKIM records for your sending domain might help, but you really need to find out what it is about your hosts spam filter that is getting triggered.  

Reference: https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205582267-About-SPF-and-DKIM

Hope that helps!

interactivetools.com

By Dave - March 6, 2017

Hi Karlz, 

Ok, got it.  If you decide to follow it up with your host in future a place to start might be to make a simple PHP email form that just sends a simple text email.  Then you could see if it's related to the Newsletter Builder or just related to the host receiving emails from itself.

Let us know if you need anything else.  Cheers!

interactivetools.com