Move CMS section multi list records from one CMSB site to another CMSB site

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 1, 2017   (RSS)

By Mikey - January 27, 2017

I built two separate CMSB websites for a client - Site A and Site B. Each website serves two types of customer. One website Site A has a Photo Gallery on it, the other does not.

My client wants me to create a Photo Gallery for Site B - using the scheme files from Site A. Easy enough.

However - I need to export the Photo Gallery data and uploaded photo from Site A and import the data into Site B.

I know I can use CSV import, to get the records of the Photo Gallery Site A or to the new Photo Gallery in Site B. Then I can copy over the photos into the "uploads" directory of Site B.

But I need to reestablish the record connection to the uploaded photos.

So my question is - how can I reconnect the photos in the "uploads" folder to their associated records of the photo gallery? Without the need to open and re-upload every photo.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

By ross - January 31, 2017

Hi Zicky

Thanks for posting.

With the latest versions of CMS Builder, the system no longer saves full paths to your images. 

That means you shouldn't need to do anything to "hook up" your images again.

What I recommend is upgrading both your installations to the latest version of CMS Builder.

Then, instead of using the CSV plugins, you can use the database backup/restore tool in CMS Builder to move your data over.

Finally, you'll still need to move your images over manually.

Does that make sense?

Let me know any questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Mikey - February 1, 2017

Thanks for the feedback Ross.

Great news about the newer version of CMSB... and site migration with images hooking up.

One thing that I need to clarify. I'm only migrating a "section editor" multi-list from one site to the other, and both sites are different in nature.

So is it possible to backup/restore only a portion of the database - so that I get the "section editor" multi-list from one site - properly restored to the other site?