Does User Account Expiration Delete Content?

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 30, 2017   (RSS)

By csdesign - January 27, 2017

Hello!  I've setup a bulk of users for a show. Their accounts expire the day before the show begins so they cannot further edit their show entries (setup by section).  

When their individual accounts expire, the content they have entered (show entries) remains on the website, correct?

Will they still be able to login or will they be able to login and just not edit anything?

(see screenshot) 

Thanks! Tina

By Dave - January 30, 2017

Hi Tina, 

When the users expire, they won't be able to login to the CMS anymore and they'll get an "account expired" error.  Any records they created will still be visible.

There are two settings that can change this.  You can have records created by expired users hidden by setting: Admin > Section Editors > Advanced > and checking this option:

Disabled Accounts [ x ] Viewers: Hide records that are "Created By" a user who is: deleted, disabled, or expired

Or in the viewer file code with this option for getRecords(): 

'includeDisabledAccounts' => true,   // include records that were created by disabled accounts.  See: Admin > Section Editors > Advanced > Disabled Accounts

But I believe it will do what you want by default without you changing anything.  Those options are more for a situation where users pay for access to a site and you want their content to expire (or be hidden) when their account expires.

In any case, what I'd recommend is create a test account with some records and just doing a test to confirm.

Hope that helps!  Let me know any other questions.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com