Entry from all Sections on one page in to a table

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 4, 2017   (RSS)

By loccom - January 26, 2017

Hi

I am have a dummy moment. 

I basically want to build a progress table, this allows me to see if all the pages that have been completed by our user have been marked as completed.

In each section, our users log in to the back end and fill out about 6 sections, at the bottom of each section we ask the user to tick a check box to say they are happy with the entry and its all complete.

I then want to see an overview of this to see if everyone has completed it or not.

See example here: http://www.charityrallies.org/team-profiles/overview/overview.php

Now i am having problems listing all of these in rows (example above is dummy html)

What is the best way to display these table rows and have the entry for each person?

attached is code example, bare bones, but it is same code as example page above. Does anyone have an example code they would use to add an entry by that user?

Also, is there anyway for me to do this within the back end?

thanks

Attachments:

overview.txt 4K

By ross - January 26, 2017

Hi there.

There are definitely options for setting up the table output I see in your example and we may end up moving into consulting for this.

In the meantime, though, here's a basic idea of what you need to do.

First thing is to loop through each record in your account section.

This will give you the account number for each user.

You can use this account number to look in each of the other sections to see if that user has created a record in it or not.

This is the most advanced step as you'll need to do one database lookup per section.  

That's pretty much it though. You just need a loop and check if there is a record created in each section by that user number.

Does this make sense? Let me know any questions.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By loccom - January 27, 2017

unfortunately i dont have a budget as I do this for the charity on a volunteer basis.

I can loop through the user data this but the problem i get is when i hit the table i cannot loop the data.

I guess i should try and get the data to display first in a basic format and maybe work a way round in css.

I was hoping there was a guide, i also tried the cmscookbook but i dont think its covered there either.

By ross - January 27, 2017 - edited: January 27, 2017

Hi there

There usually isn't going to be an exact example for a specific layout like this so we'd need to put together a custom walk through.

It sounds like Jeff could be a resource, though.

In either case, I agree that starting with the basics is the best place to start.

Get as much done as you can and see how much help you still need from there.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By loccom - February 4, 2017 - edited: February 4, 2017

Sorry for the late reply Jeff

I am based in the UK.. Could I email you my issue at all?

Probably simple as like ross says, i need to look through user and all by other sections and display the result on a list page (not detail page)

Issues I am getting are the looping through and displaying multiple "foreach"

Kind of frustrating as I get little time to look for a solution from work and family life but really need to get this solved for the charity as their developer disappeared.

Let me know please Jeff.

---

Here is some information

I have 6 sections in the admin area. Teams can log in to their account in the admin area and add their details about them as a team etc.

When they have finished entering their data and they are pleased with what they have entered then they tick a check box at the end of the form in each section.

I want to build an complete overview of all the teams and see who has checked their COMPLETED tick box. 

That way we can then get their entry authorised to join the charity rally and we can then get an authorise their application.

Here are the sections

User Accounts
Team Info
Team Member Profiles
Vehicle Details
Fundraising
Entry Dates & Points

I just need a table with team name, team leader and all the check boxes with either YES/NO

All I need is an small example piece of code that can look at multiple sections and list them in a table (screenshot)

This can be basic as I can work the rest out.

Many thanks

By kitsguru - February 4, 2017

It would be much easier if I had a copy of your database. Is it possible to send me a backup copy of your database and whatever code you have now? 

My email address is jeffshields77 at gmail.com

Jeff Shields