Form Generator -Foundation 6 please

By rez - January 13, 2017

Any chance of getting the plugin to optionally output Zurb Foundation 6 forms instead of Bootstrap? If I had to convert all of the Bootstrap forms to F6 every time, I might as well just keep making my own forms. I'd love to have a full license of this though. F6 is very powerful; I switched from Bootstrap years ago. 

By ross - January 16, 2017

Hi there.

Thanks for posting.

We've coded Form Generator specifically with Bootstrap.  

We could look at building you a custom version of the plugin that generates Foundation 6 though. I imagine that will take quite a bit of work, though.  Contact me 

Contact me through consulting@interactivetools.com and we can continue that part of the conversation there.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By rez - January 16, 2017 - edited: January 17, 2017

I realize you can't support every framework but Bootstrap and Foundation are the most widely used CSS frameworks out there. It's disappointing that you won't be supporting such a powerful competitor and I find it odd that I would have to personally pay for the compatibility for either.

How about you develop your plug-in and I'll pay for the license? ;) I know that would be based on demand in the future.

By Toledoh - January 16, 2017

Shouldn't be that hard to modify ourselves either I think?  I was looking at this because I will need to use different layouts, and not always bootstrap.

The plugin lists the various field types (text field, checkbox etc), the variables each type has (name, label etc) and then how to display the code

$fieldHtml = "<div class=\"form-group\">\n";
$fieldHtml .= " <label for=\"$name\">$label</label>\n";
$fieldHtml .= " <input type='$type' name='$name' value='<#php echo htmlencode(@\$_REQUEST['$name']) #>' id='$name' class='form-control' >\n";
$fieldHtml .= "</div>\n\n";

Would it not be a case of editing that code to use foundation rather than bootstrap, or a different class here and there to modify the whole output? I guess the main drag would be having the knowledge of the framework to modify that area of code?  

Maybe in the development of the plugin, there could be some form of placeholders / advanced readme type instructions where we can define that?  It would certainly make the plugin more future-proof.

Bootstrap is by far the most popular framework, so I can see why it has been implemented this way.

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By ross - January 17, 2017

Hi rez

Tim's on the right track there with where the code would be changed.  Keep in mind that there will likely be more edits required.

You are also on the right track in that customization at this level would likely not be future proof and need to be re-done each time we update the plugin.

Having said that, I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that Form Generator has just been released; we are still on version 1.  

At this stage, we have the basics and are seeing where the feedback takes us in terms of where to go next and what's even on the road map for future releases.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/