Form Generator v1.00 Released (NEW PLUGIN)
Thanks for posting. I'll go over your questions one at a time.
1. Form Generator does not include captcha by default. Once you've generated the code for your add form though, you can add in the captcha yourself. We do this ourselves quite often.
If you'd like to go over this in more detail, get everything setup that you already can with the plugin (ie: generate your code, put that into a .php file, etc) and let me know. It will work best if you create a whole new forum thread so we can keep the conversation organized.
2. The "Thank You" page is just another .php on your site. It could even be a link to some other site if you want.
Let me know any questions.
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/
Thanks for your feedback and questions so far! We're really glad to see this plugin being so well received already!
I just wanted to clarify a few points:
- Redirects on submit - You can redirect to any url, anywhere, by entering that URL in the code generator options (or show a text message instead).
- Ajax on submit - It doesn't do that, but you could add some code to do that
- Sending Emails - It doesn't do this yet, so you have to add the code. We'll almost certainly add this in future (but only buy the plugin for what it does now, not what future versions might do).
- Captcha - Doesn't do that, but I love that idea and will put that on our list.
Other custom changes/requests - Our intention with this first release is to automate 90% of the work in creating forms (and in many cases 100%). So anything you could when creating a custom form you could still do, and you can save multiple hours of work either way.
Hope that helps! Let me know any questions, thanks!
Sorry Equinox - no idea on that one. The snippets are bits and pieces I've collected and built over years - nothing "formal" - and I'm not aware of things not working... However, I've got my own virtual server where I host all my clients and it's pretty tightly controlled. I've been burnt in the past with changes made in shared hosting environments so I started hosting myself.
fyi...I will post a new thread specific to my challenge ~ and any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Take a look at this post http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2239658. It might lead to a solution on the email question or maybe a similar type of code is the culprit. Also make sure that the mail address used for the return is real and preferably on the same account.
For anyone interested, here's the CMSB Cookbook recipe on how to add Google's new I'm not a Robot recaptcha to a page and a download link for the basic code necessary. http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com.
IMPLEMENTING GOOGLE’S NEW, “I’M NOT A ROBOT”, NO CAPTCHA, RECAPTCHA IN A FORM - Apr 30th, 2015
With a lot of help from Greg Thomas and Dave Edis, here’s how to implement the Google’s new, “I’m Not A
Robot”, No CAPTCHA, reCAPTCHA in a CMSB Form.
You can download 2 sample viewers from http://thecmsbcookbook.com/downloads/google-robot-captcha.zip
Both incorporate the code required to implement reCAPTCHA.
One contains a very simple form, and demonstrates a bare bones implementation.
The other is the Sample User Signup Form viewer that's generated by the Website Membership Plugin. This viewer
demonstrates a more complex implementation with error checking.
The 5 step implementation for both viewers is the same.
1) Log in to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin#list
2) Register your web site. (if you want to get alerts from Google if they detect problems with your site, such as
misconfiguration errors or an increase in suspicious traffic, leave the “get alerts” checkbox checked.)
3) A Site Key and Secret Key will be generated, copy them to a safe (secret) place.
4) Enter the 2 Keys as noted in the viewer code.
5) Enter your “Server Path” in the load viewer library code at the top of the viewer code.
You should be good to go.
Right now there are only a few “Themes” available to change the look of the check box. They are data-theme="dark"
and data-theme="light", and are changed in the <div> where you entered your site key.
You can learn more about Google’s No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA at: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/
Hope that helps
Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php
Hi IT Team,
Looks great but Is there a timeframe on the upload field option?
We've just released version 1.01 of the Form Generator plugin which fixes an issue that caused dates to be saved in the wrong format in some circumstances.
If you have purchased the plugin, you can download the latest version from your My Purchases page.
PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com