Form Generator and table name not appearing in Select Section listmenu

By Twocans - January 13, 2017

Hi yea,
Just a quickie,

I am testing the form Generator. I start off with a fresh cms cmsbuilder_3_07_build2116_release

I go to section editors nav >>> I then add new editor >> I choose "SINGLE RECORD", I name my menu >>>>

I then go to Code Generator on main menu >>>> other generators >>> form generator

in the form generator "Select Section", i click the list menu and do not see the editor i had just added a few minutes ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------//

I also try in the form generator "Select Section" In the select section drop down I select Website Comments(Multi), and cliecked Show code only to be met by a 404 error.

My question is, does the code generator require specific permissions.

regards

Kenny

By ross - January 13, 2017

Hi Kenny

Thanks for posting.

I'll go over your questions one at a time.

1. Form Generator is setup to specifically work with multi record sections so you won't see single record sections in the list. Could you give me more detail about what you are setting up with your single record section and the form generator? Maybe there are some other options.

Could you give me more detail about what you are setting up with your single record section and the form generator? Maybe there are some other options.

2. I haven't been able to re-create this issue. I installed Website Comments and I was able to use Form Generator to create a form for that section.  

Having said that, though, I don't actually recommend using Form Generator to create your add form for comments anyway. Website Comments is a special case though and instead of using Form Generator, I recommend looking in the "exampleCode" folder that comes with Website Comments. The examples there will have all the code you need.

Website Comments needs a custom add form so what you want to do is look in the "exampleCode" folder that comes with Website Comments and that will have all the code you need.

Let me know any questions.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Twocans - January 13, 2017

Ross Good Evening,

Thanks for your input

Regarding the "Form Generator is setup to specifically work with multi record sections so you won't see single record sections in the list. Could you give me more detail about what you are setting up with your single record section and the form generator? Maybe there are some other options."

I was just testing what the Code Generator can do, and I will come back re working with single record sections at a later date. 

==============================================/*

I send you a mp4 video of my issue so far, as sometimes I lack the word power to explain myself correctly.

I do seem to think it is a Mod_security issue myself, but having tried the if statement below it lol, it didnt work, aka the " On Submit ~ Reload page and display this message:" still caused a 403 Error

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

selecting the complete web address etc would also create a 403 error, thus it was only when I removed a complete web address and entered, mypage.php that the code gen did work. My host is hostgator.

I am at odds now what to do.

Regards

kenny

Attachments:

my error.mp4 2494K

By ross - January 13, 2017

Hi Kenny

Thanks for the video. That really helps.

I'd like to take a closer look at your setup.

Could you send in a support request:

http://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Please include a link to this forum post in the comments so I can update the thread for anyone else following along.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/