graphic upload icon/text NOT showing through CMSB interface across several versions 2.65 - 3.03ish

7 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 26, 2016   (RSS)

By Codee - October 24, 2016

Hello, I've attached a screenshot of the "missing" link/text/graphic that appears when an upload field is created within CMSB.  I noticed this recently, and so did a client, with version 3.03 but now I'm seeing (or not seeing) the problem back to ver 2.65 on one client's site.  I AM wondering if the problem is the browser. I'm running firefox 49.0.2.  ??

Attachments:

screenshot1.jpg 277K

By kkegans - October 25, 2016 - edited: October 25, 2016

I have seen this same issue since my Firefox was updated to v 49.0.2.

Backing down to Firefox 48.0.2 corrected the issue, so it seems that the latest Firefox is not compatible with the CMSB code for the Flash uploader.

CMSB Rocks!

Thanks,

Kurt

By Steve99 - October 26, 2016

We've also experienced the same thing in firefox only. It seems as if the wmode transparent parameter isn't working properly in latest firefox.

By Damon - October 26, 2016

Hi everyone,

Yes, the issue of the missing upload link is caused by the latest version of Firefox (49.0.2).

Asynchronous rendering of the Flash plugins is now enabled by default. This is causing problems with "broken content including video players and games".
https://www.fxsitecompat.com/en-CA/docs/2016/some-flash-content-is-broken-due-to-async-rendering-mode/

The article also has an update to suggest that asynchronous rendering will be disabled in the next version of Firefox and has been already for Firefox 50 Beta.

Here are some options while the Firefox issue is sorted out to show the upload link in CMS Builder:

1. Disable the flash uploader in CMS Builder. This will still all uploads but only one at a time.

In CMS Builder go to Admin > General Settings, then scroll down to Advanced Settings part of the page.
Check the File Uploads checkbox to "Disable Flash Uploader - attach one file at a time (doesn't require flash)" and click the Save button.

2. Have users use an alternate browser to Firefox:
Chrome, MS Edge, Safari, Opera

3. Change settings in Firefox:

Enter this is the browser address bar:
about:config

Search for dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled

Toggle the Value from True to False

We will keep watching for updates from Firefox and post again when that is available.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Steve99 - October 26, 2016

Thanks Damon. I changed the FF config value, works like a charm.

Cheers,
Steve

By Codee - October 26, 2016

Hi Damon,

Thanks!  I REALLY don't want my clients switching to browsers that don't run as stable, fast and safe as Firefox; and I don't want to turn off the flash uploader unless necessary. I tried a portion of your suggestions, just the part about changing the settings in Firefox. I'm running FF 49.0.2 and changing the settings (so far) has corrected the issue.

Thanks,