signup/login with facebook add-on within mobile app

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 26, 2016   (RSS)

By ht1080z - July 17, 2016

Hi,

I started to create an Android & iOS mobile launcher apps that will bridge my online cmsBuilder online application with mobile devices (after signup/login will works with webview).

Is there any workaround for the login with Facebook add-on and how to make it work in mobile apps?

Please advice,Karls

By ht1080z - July 22, 2016 - edited: July 25, 2016

Hi Damon,

No. Thats why i asked you. Have you ever tried to make the add-on work in webview?
Is there any option for the pop-up that makes the login window responsive or mobile compatible?

Generally the membership add-on is capable to work in webview?

Thanks,
Karls

By Dave - July 25, 2016

Hi Karls, 

What platform are you using for your webview app?  Is it PhoneGap/Cordova? 

Currently the plugin won't work in webview.  There are some cordova facebook login plugins if that's what you're using, and we're looking into switching the CMSB facebook plugin to use the Facebook Javascript SDK instead of a popup window, which might make it work in future, but that's yet to be determined.  We should know in a couple weeks.  We'd like to use it that way as well if it's feasible.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By ht1080z - July 25, 2016

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, its a Cordova hybrid app and i wanted to make the login/signup/passrequest pages to work in webview.
If the change of the add-on with FB Javascript SDK is possible after a few weeks it is a great news, so we can start convert/publish projects into mobile platform with CMSB in the new season (after the summer).

I'll make my own tests in webview and will let you know my experiences.

Best regards,
Karls

By Dave - July 26, 2016

Ok, sounds good.  Let me know how it goes and let's check back in a couple weeks.  Daryl has the Facebook Login SDK in his queue to work on.  Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com