Notice: CMSB v3.03 Beta 1 (Mar 29, 2016)

16 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 8, 2016   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Daryl - March 29, 2016 - edited: March 29, 2016

Hi everyone, 

We've just released v3.03 beta 1 (beta list members will get an email with a download link shortly). 

This beta version requires PHP 5.5+ and MySQL 5.0+. Servers that do not support those versions will show a notice at the top of the admin menu.

The major new feature are:

• Collapsible Separators: The separator bars can now be defined as "collapsible", and open or closed by default.
  • Field Editor: Bootstrap style "Field Addons" (input-group-addons) can now be added around text fields
  • PHP 5.5+ is now required, this is the oldest supported PHP version: http://php.net/supported-versions.php
  • New Upload System: Rewrote upload system to support different upload storage methods in future

Additionally, this beta release includes bug fixes and minor changes.

If you're not already on the beta tester email list and you'd like to help beta test (you must own at least 1 CMSB license) you can sign up here: http://www.interactivetools.com/news/manage.php

Please post any feedback, questions, or bugs you find! Thanks! 

Thanks!

Daryl Maximo
PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By terryally - March 30, 2016

Had a problem installing this on Xampp - running PHP 5.5.33. The error message was: This program requires the PHP 'mysql' extension.

There are two extensions:

1. extension=php_mysql.dll
  2. extension=php_mysqli.dll

The first was commented out and the second was active. I uncommented the first and now both are active.

Is there a problem with running both lines?

Thanks

Terry

• Archived  

By Damon - March 30, 2016

Hi,

When you moved CMS Builder to the new server, did you copy over all the section editors?
/cms/data/schema/*

Do you have a field in a section editor called storage? Can you reupload that section editor?

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/
  • Archived  

By Damon - March 30, 2016

Hi Terry,

I don't run Xampp but I do run WAMP locally and I have both the php_mysql and the php_mysqli extensions enabled.

Have you restarted the local Xampp server after making the changes?

Cheers,

• Archived  

By celuch - March 30, 2016

I don't have a schema for storage, and can find nothing in the section editor, or in the schema of my older installation or in the new beta schema file if that is what you are asking.

As a test to make sure it wasn't another issue, I installed V3.20 in the same way with no issues .

celuch
  • Archived  

By terryally - March 30, 2016

Hi Damon,

OK, as you havent encountered a clash with both enabled, I'll give it a try.

Terry

• Archived  

By Deborah - March 31, 2016

Hi. I tested the beta on a fresh install and found a few things. Screenshots attached.

1) When attempting an upload, I see this error:
"Notice: Undefined variable: php_errormsg in /home/brnstrmr/public_html/cmsbeta/lib/upload_storage_strategy.php on line 65 Error moving uploaded file!"

The main image is uploaded to the upload directory, but the thumbnail folders and thumbnails are not created.
My Dreamweaver program shows a syntax error on line 149 of 'upload_storage_strategy.php'. (Not sure how accurate Dreamweaver is in detecting such errors, but thought I'd mention it.)

2) On the admin General Settings page, some of the html code is showing in the Security Settings section.

3) When using a collapsible header bar, the iframe for the upload fields (uploadIframe) within the collapsible sections are styled at 800 pixels high, instead of the usual 117 pixels high. Just wondering if this height is necessary, as it takes up a lot of vertical space.

The collapsible header bars are a very useful addition, by the way!

~ Deborah

• Archived  

By Damon - March 31, 2016

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for the posting the beta issues with screenshots. Looking into them now.

For the large upload frame issue (800 pixels high), I wasn't able to recreate in any browsers on the PC (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari).

What OS and browser are you using?

Cheers,

• Archived  

By Daryl - March 31, 2016 - edited: March 31, 2016

Hi celuch,

I was moving a CMSB site to a new server, and though I'd try the beta before getting it going.  It seemed to install well, but won't let me import the existing database.  I receive this:  

makeAllUploadRecordsRelative MySQL Error: Unknown column 'storage' in 'where clause'I

Is there a way around this?

Yes, to resolve this:

call createMissingSchemaTablesAndFields() function before makeAllUploadRecordsRelative() on line 231 of cmsb/lib/menus/admin/actionHandler.php

The whole elseif block should now look like this:

elseif ($action == 'restore') {
  security_dieUnlessPostForm();
  security_dieUnlessInternalReferer();
  security_dieOnInvalidCsrfToken();
  disableInDemoMode('','admin/general.php');
  $restoreDatabaseFilePath = $GLOBALS['BACKUP_DIR'] . @$_REQUEST['file'];
  restoreDatabase($restoreDatabaseFilePath);
  notice("Restored backup file $restoreDatabaseFilePath");
  createMissingSchemaTablesAndFields(); // create any fields that weren't in the backup database but were in the schema files
  makeAllUploadRecordsRelative();
  showInterface('admin/general.php');
  exit;
}

The issue was caused by the missing "storage" column of the "uploads" table.

Database backup files made before v3.03 beta 1 doesn't have this column.

When we restore using a database backup, it drops the table and recreate it along with the columns and records in the backup file.

That means it recreates the "uploads" table without the "storage" column which causes the issue.

Calling createMissingSchemaTablesAndFields() function will add the missing column back after the database has been restored.

I found the same issue when installing a fresh copy v3.03 beta 1 using "Restore From Backup" option wherein the backup file doesn't have the "storage" column.

To resolve this:

call createMissingSchemaTablesAndFields() function before makeAllUploadRecordsRelative() on line 243 of cmsb/lib/admin_functions.php

NOTE: This fix will be included on the next CMSB release.

Please let us know any questions.

Thanks,

Daryl Maximo
PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com