Need Help ASAP: High website traffic error message

13 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 22, 2016   (RSS)

By wizzle - February 19, 2016

Dave, we are still having this issue with the website timing out very frequently on the cms pages. 

The yahoo hosting support was virtually useless.  They suggested it could be a corrupted database file, and I think they ran some kind of database repair tool (several weeks ago) that was no help.

A couple of questions...

1. Would a "corrupted database file" even make sense as a possible issue?  

2. If so, is there any way that I could copy or remake the data file and then somehow migrate all the info to it?  

My client really does not want to move to a new web hosting company.  He used to use the yahoo "build your own" site feature... and when he logs back into that program he doesn't have any problems... so he is convinced that it's not a yahoo issue but it's a cmsb issue.  I am fairly certain that I could spend 2 hours setting up a new hosting account and migrating everything to it, but he's stuck on trying to make it work on his yahoo hosting.  

Greg Williams

By Damon - February 22, 2016

Hi,

1. Would a "corrupted database file" even make sense as a possible issue?  

No, this doesn't make sense as it this was the issue, you would get the error consistently. 

Probably the issue is that the client is on a shared hosting account with hundreds of other sites. And when the other sites get lots of traffic, the whole server hosting them all slows to the point of not being able to handle all the requests.

Can you ask the host how many other sites are hosted on the same server?

Also, when  you are getting the error, run the _test_mysql.php script and note the time so you can let the host know you were getting a mySQL error running a standalone test script (send them a link to it). This way, they can't try to say it is a CMS Builder issue.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/