Cannot Import from Backup

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 29, 2016   (RSS)

By Damon - January 29, 2016

Hi Greg,

Ideally when making a backup from time to time you backup (download a copy) all the CMS Builder files. This will allow you to do a complete restore if needed.

The backup via the Admin in CMS Builder is only the data in the database. The other files that are really important to backup are any upload files (images, PDFs, etc) through CMS Builder and the Section Editors (/data/schema/). The Section Editors include a lot of specific settings for each field as well as Viewer URLs, Searching option, Sorting options and other settings (under Advanced tab).

If you have a backup of the Section Editor for the one you deleted, simply upload it via FTP back to the /data/schema/ folder, log into CMS Builder and click on Section Editors in the navigation. It will be recognized and the table will be created. Then you can restore the backup data to this table.

If you don't have a backup of the deleted Section Editor, you will need to recreate that Section Editor through CMS Builder by looking at the backup file data in a code editor and then adding all the same fields with the same field names.

Let me know if you have any questions steps.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By gversion - January 29, 2016

Hi Damon,

Thank you very much for the reply. I think that all makes sense but I will be in touch again if I have any other questions.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Greg