CMSB v3.00 Beta 1 (Dec 10th, 2015)

18 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 8, 2016   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Dave - December 10, 2015

We've just released v3.00 Beta 1.  You can download it here: http://www.interactivetools.com/order/download.php

We're currently running this on our own site and have upgraded a few client sites, but it is a BETA so the standard precautions apply, backup first and don't upgrade mission critical sites.  

The major new feature are:

• Mobile Responsive Design - We've complete rewritten the backend to be mobile responsive using Bootstrap 3, while maintaining a familiar look & feel to version 2.
  • Major Rewrite - We've optimized and rewritten many of the program internals for better performance and maintainability moving forward
  • Dozens of bug fixes and improvements - Many minor bugs, issues, and annoyances have been addressed.  
  • New Server Requirements -  PHP 5.4.0+ and MySQL 5.0+ (make sure you have this before upgrading!  Check the bottom of the Admin > General page)

Note the plugin system has changed and some plugins will need minor updates.  Any issues should be automatically logged under: Admin > Developer Log.  We're upgrading all the public plugins now and have instructions on updating custom code in the included file: "how to upgrade from v2.txt".  Older plugins will mostly work but may not be able to add buttons to the interface (like "Save & Copy") until updated.  If you have any problem plugins feel free to disable it until we have an update.

AND... Please post any feedback, questions, or bugs you find!  Thank you!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Maurice - December 12, 2015

hi It, Team,

Upgrade works fine a few plugins give small errors like the comments plugin.
The look and feel is oke but i don't see any new features that is a little disappointing.
However the responsive design works great.

keep up the great work.

Maurice

-------------------------------------------

Dropmonkey.nl
  • Archived  

By Djulia - December 23, 2015 - edited: December 23, 2015

Hi Dave,

I have difficulties with some plugins.

For example with addFilter (“header_links”, “...”);.

addFilter('header_links', 'modifyHeaderLinks');
function modifyHeaderLinks($html) {
  $html = $preLinks . $html . $postLinks;
  return $html;
}

This filter is always available?

Thanks!

Djulia

• Archived  

By Djulia - December 23, 2015 - edited: December 23, 2015

Hi Dave,

I would like to understand the new approach.

I test this code to modify certain buttons in the lists pages.

addFilter('adminUI_args', function($adminUI_args, $tableName, $action) {
 if ($tableName != 'words') { return $adminUI_args; }
   if ($action == 'list') {
     $adminUI_args['BUTTONS'] = array();
     array_unshift($adminUI_args['BUTTONS'], [
       'label' => t('My Button'),
       'name'  => '_action=leftButton',
       'onclick' => 'window.location=\'?menu=lexique&action=add\'',
    ]);
   }
return $adminUI_args;
});

The problem with this approach is that I am constrained to use the search button to obtain the new button.

Is there another approach?

In fact, I would like to modify the label of the buttons. My old code :

function list_buttonsRight($buttonsRight, $tableName, $isRelatedTable) {
  if ($tableName != 'words') { $buttonsRight; }
  $createOnClick = 'onclick="window.location=\'?menu=' .urlencode($menu). '&action=add\'"';
  $buttonsRight  = "<input class='button' type='button' name='_action=add' value='My Button' $createOnClick />\n";
  return $buttonsRight;
}

Thanks!

Djulia

• Archived  

By zaba - December 29, 2015

Just wondered wether v3 is going to work with PHP7, my host is now supporting it, would like to know it has been tested in this environment by anyone yet. Thanks.

• Archived  

By Dave - December 31, 2015

Hi Djulia, 

I have difficulties with some plugins. For example with addFilter (“header_links”, “...”);.

Thanks, it looks like that hook was removed.  I've added a new hook "menulinks_myAccount" to replace it and attached an updated version of the "Modify Header Links" example plugin to show how it works.  This code will work with the very next release (which will be ready as soon as we address everything in this thread).

Let me know any questions, thanks!

interactivetools.com
Attachments:

modifyHeaderLinks.php 3K

• Archived  

Hi Djulia, 

I test this code to modify certain buttons in the lists pages.

On list pages $action was being set to either blank or "list".  I've set it to default to "list" for the next beta if no action is specified.  This will have your code work and I think is more intuitive.  A temporary alternative until you get the next build is to replace ($action == 'list') with ($action == 'list' || !$action).

Is there another approach?  In fact, I would like to modify the label of the buttons. My old code ...

How about this? 

addFilter('adminUI_args', function($adminUI_args, $tableName, $action) {
   if ($tableName != 'words') { return $adminUI_args; }
   if ($action == 'list' || !$action) {
     //$adminUI_args['BUTTONS'] = array(); // erase previous buttons? 
     array_push($adminUI_args['BUTTONS'], [ // add to right of existing buttons? 
       'label' => t('My Button'),
       'name'  => '_action=add',
       'onclick' => "window.location='?menu=" .htmlencode($tableName). "&action=add'",
       'class' => 'button',
       'type'  => 'button',
    ]);
   }
  return $adminUI_args;
});

Outputs: 

<button class="btn btn-primary button" type="button" name="_action=add" onclick="window.location=&#039;?menu=every_field_multi&amp;action=add&#039;">My Button</button>

Let me know if that works for you or if anything is missing.

Thanks!

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

Hi zaba, 

Just wondered whether v3 is going to work with PHP7, my host is now supporting it, would like to know it has been tested in this environment by anyone yet. Thanks.

Not 3.00, but fast-tracking PHP 7 support is a top priority for an upcoming 3.0x release.  We want to get all the latest changes out to everyone so they can start using it while we continue to work on what's next.  

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Djulia - January 1, 2016

Hi Dave,

>... to replace it and attached an updated version...

I used this filter to add a HTML code. is that still possible?

function modifyHeaderLinks($html) {

// add html
$html = $preLinks . $html . $postLinks;
echo '<div>...</div>';
return $html;
}

Thanks again!
Djulia