iphone : checkbox and image upload

21 posts by 10 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 23, 2015   (RSS)

By Damon - September 25, 2015

Hi,

Can you check that jpeg is one of the allowed file extensions for uploading and let me know?
See attached image.

This weekend I will test this out on an ipad to see if I get the same error.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By 24 - September 25, 2015

Hi, Damon.

.jpeg was indeed not listed and now it is the uploads work as they should using IOS9. Clearly IOS9 demands it has to be listed where no other update did. 

Thank you for your help.

By Damon - September 25, 2015

Glad it is working now. 

Thanks for the update.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By 24 - September 25, 2015

Let's just hope the iPhone running IOS9 works the same but history says the iPad and iPhone work differently, as per previous messages on this thread. I'm due a new phone in a couple of weeks so I can't test IOS9 on an iPhone. 

By 24 - October 7, 2015

Just to report the new iPhone 6S running IOS 9.0.2 is still unable to upload images to my site. An iPad Air 2 running 9.0.2 works fine though. Anybody got a clue what it could be? Waiting until I get home to edit listings is stupid and telling clients it won't work from their iPhones is annoying.

By gregThomas - October 7, 2015

Hey 24,

Are you getting any error messages when you upload with the new phone? Is this a different issue to when you were getting the error "File 'x' isn't allowed. (Valid file extensions x,x)"?

Thanks

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By 24 - October 8, 2015 - edited: October 8, 2015

Hi, Greg.

No messages, nothing except the page appears to jump or kind of stretch. It is the same problem that has always existed for iPhones for me, my clients and it appears others on this thread. It isn't possible to check the 'Hide My Listings' box either.

By 24 - November 17, 2015

Any progress on this or indeed has anybody given it anymore than a thought? Answering emails to customers on this issue is now too annoying for words. Explaining to them they can't upload images to their listings via an iPhone is met with disbelief. 

By 24 - November 18, 2015

Zaba,

Thanks for your reply but I don't think you've read the thread.