Event Registration

10 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 6, 2015   (RSS)

By wizzle - October 30, 2015

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to incorporate this into CMSB ?

The website is for a business that offers classes.  I would like to be able to include a "register" button for each class where the web user can fill out his/her info and then submit the web form and the data is collected in CMSB.  At this time there will not be any sort of payment involved on the website, but I thought about trying to do this with a shopping cart.  But ideally I could do it with CMSB and not have to integrate another piece of software.  Would be awesome if it also sent the web user a confirmation email.

All I'm looking for is a starting place... what's the best way to implement this feature.

I already have the primary site built and the classes being created... just looking to add the ability for web users to fill out a registration form to register for a class.

Greg Williams

By gkornbluth - October 30, 2015

Hi Wizzle,

Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish, but I wouldn't recommend that you allow everyone the ability to write data to your databases.

With hackers taking advantage of every option, I'd suggest charging using PayPal only, so that you have some security about who is accessing your system.

That said, why not take advantage of my free 3 month trial to the CMSB Cookbook for CMSB users.

http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

I'm sure that you'll find answers there to many of your questions.

Best,

Jerry

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By wizzle - October 31, 2015

Thanks.  But my client does not want to accept online payments at this time... he's a bit old school and doesn't want to pay the CC fees, etc.

He would actually be just as happy if the registration just submitted an email to him.  I have it currently working this way but it uses the formmail.com service.  Would it be an easier option to just get CMSB to submit an email but not save the data?  

Greg Williams

By kitsguru - November 3, 2015 - edited: November 3, 2015

I use tectite formmail with recaptha2 and a hook to write to CMSB. The email processing is very sophisticated and writing the hook was very easy. You can also incorporate online payments easily.

Jeff Shields

By rconring - November 5, 2015

For many years, I have been using Appnitro's Machform as a companion to CMSB.  In most all cases, it is not necessary to write to the CMSB database.  Machform has it's own data management and now interfaces with PayPal and other payment gateways if necessary.  It is the best self hosted solution that I have found that is brain dead simple to install and manage.  The forms simply embed into a CMSB page using javascript or PHP code that is generated for you or you can call it as a pop-up form or it's own page.  It is transparent to the user.  In some cases, I have passed data from the CMSB database to the form.  I have an unlimited license but it is only 39.00 for a single site and well worth every penny of that. Check it out at http://www.appnitro.com/

I have been wishing for a forms plugin for CMSB like Machform.  It would be a welcome addition to the add-ons!

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

By gkornbluth - November 5, 2015

Hi Jeff,

Any chance you can post some sample code for the hook and the implementation?

Jerry Kornbluth

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By gkornbluth - November 5, 2015

Hi Ron,

Also sounds interesting.

Have you also passed data back to a CMSB section?

Could you post some of the code that you've used for integration between the two programs?

Jerry Kornbluth

By rconring - November 6, 2015

Well, as I stated before, I have not found a need to post back to CMSB since Machform has it's own database but have many cases where I pass info from CMSB to a form.  For instance, I developed an order system some years ago for a printing/document management company that allows their customers to re-order various corporate business forms.  Some were very simple such as business cards for their employees and others were very elaborate forms or periodic flyers with many variable edit fields.  Each customer has his own login creds on the website (using membership plugin) and can have multiple jobs and each job has a corresponding order form for it that is set up in Machform Admin and has a form number.  That form number is entered in the job setup info in CMSB so that when a job is picked by the customer for re-order, all I do is call the form and pass the company, user and other info to it.  The user enters the quantity and hits Submit and Machform does all the work from there ... notifications,auto confirmation and saving the data.  (See uploaded file)

I also use it to use one form for each staff member contact email.  When someone clicks on the "contact this person" button on their staff listing, I pass their employee number to the form which can be used in the Machform notification logic to send the email to that person.

Maybe this will help someone out there!

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987
Attachments:

job-order-code.php 3K

By gkornbluth - November 6, 2015

Thanks to you both,

Jerry Kornbluth