Admin > Email Templates section access

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 27, 2015   (RSS)

By ht1080z - September 17, 2015

Hi,

How can i add - if its possible - access to Email Templates section for editors or for a specified user.

Regards,
Karls

By Damon - September 21, 2015

Hi Karls,

How can i add - if its possible - access to Email Templates section for editors or for a specified user.

Yes, you can do this by modifying the account for a user and selecting the Templates section editor access level:

1. Go to User Accounts and select "modify" for the user you want to give access to.
  2. On the following page, in the Section Access choose "By Section" in the Access dropdown.
  3. In the Section Editors now visible, go to "Templates" and choose "Editor" from the dropdown.
  4. Save and log off and then log in as the other user to see that they have access to the Newsletter Templates. 

If this doesn't work for you, try upgrading to the latest version of CMS Builder:
http://www.interactivetools.com/order/upgrade.php

Let me know if this works for you and.or if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By ht1080z - September 21, 2015

Hi Damon,

Thank you for your reply.

I need access for an editor account to the Email Templates section, that is related to the wensiteMembership add-on.

I think your instructions is for the Newsletter add-on only.

I'm using the latest v2.65 (Build 1122)

Regards,
Karls

By Dave - September 23, 2015

Hi Karlz, 

There's no support for allowing non-admins to access the Email Templates menu.   There's a lot of things they could break in that menu, and it would allow them to compromise the security of the CMS.  

For example, a user with access to that menu could update the To: Address for password reset emails to their own and then request a password reset/reminder for an admin account.

So if you have a trusted user, the easiest would be to just give them Admin access.

Alternatively, you could make a custom script that allowed a user to update a single record in the menu.  That might be an alternative.  

Hope that helps!  Let me know any questions.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By ht1080z - September 23, 2015

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the explanation of why its better to leave editors out from the Email templates.

In my case there is no trust issue with the client and are more than 100 email templates that may need corrections from the editor-client, so the single record access is not solution. Any other switch/solution to give this access?

Thank you in advance,Karls

By Dave - September 23, 2015

Hi Karlz, 

Can you just give the user admin access (and tell them to be very careful and only edit the email templates or risk breaking something)? 

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com