Save & Copy (to a different database table)

By ross - August 10, 2015

Hi gversion

I have a good feel for what you need here and it would be something we can give you a hand with through consulting. 

Send me an email via consulting@interactivetools.com and we can continue the conversation there.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By gversion - August 10, 2015

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the reply. There's no urgency on this one but I may get in touch via your consulting service once I have made more progress with this project.

Kind regards,

Greg

By Dave - August 10, 2015

Greg, 

One other way would be just to have a checkbox "Include in FAQ" where, once checked, it displayed the thread in a FAQ section.

You just want to be careful not to accidentally make someone's private support thread into a public FAQ post.

If I was going to do this I'd probably force the users to manually copy and paste into a new section, because I'd likely want them to do some editing and formatting of the content before re-posting.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By gversion - August 10, 2015

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the input. You are absolutely right, we do need to be careful with this from a privacy point of view. I was just looking for a quick way to help automate the copy/paste process with just a click of a button. It might not be necessary though...

Out of interest, have you guys developed many support ticketing systems using cmsBuilder? It looks like it has the main components especially with the Download Mail plugin, which I recently purchased.

Thanks again,

Greg

By Dave - August 12, 2015

Hi Greg, 

Out of interest, have you guys developed many support ticketing systems using cmsBuilder? It looks like it has the main components especially with the Download Mail plugin, which I recently purchased.

Yea, we've developed lots of them (we've pretty much developed lots of everything).  They all end up working quite differently.  My advice would be to keep focusing on the bare minimum requirements, get it working, and add features as you go.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By gversion - August 13, 2015

Hi Dave,

That's good to hear and thanks for the sound advice.

Regards,

Greg