iphone : checkbox and image upload

21 posts by 10 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 23, 2015   (RSS)

By claire - June 9, 2015

Hi Hiroko

What kind of behaviour do you see? Do you get any error message, or does nothing happen?

The new version of CMSBuilder will be responsive, so hopefully you won't have to deal with this issue then.

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By hiroko - June 9, 2015

Thank you Claire.

There isn't any error, but when I tap on the checkbox or upload button, the spaces between lines seem to expand. I attached screenshots of before tapping and after tapping several times.

>>The new version of CMSBuilder will be responsive, so hopefully you won't have to deal with this issue then.

That's really great! I'm looking forward to that.

Hiroko

Attachments:

before.jpg 205K

after.jpg 122K

By claire - June 10, 2015

I have to say, I've never seen anything like this before. Are you able to pinch and zoom?

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By hiroko - June 10, 2015

Really? My client has the same problem.

I was thinking it is because of the OS, but I have waited for couple of updates and still has not been fixed. So I wondered if anyone has the same problem but I guess not. Maybe because it is japanese iOS.

Zooming and pinching is working fine, but it is very difficult to edit.

Hopefully this will be solved in the responsive CMSbuilder.

Hiroko

By Toledoh - June 10, 2015

I have the same issue - and just put it down to CMSB not ready for iOS - can't wait for the new version!

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By northernpenguin - June 14, 2015

That's very interesting.  I haven't tried the iPhone, but the iPad definitely responds in a similar manner.  I know I can't use some of the CMSB features on the iPad such as dragging and when editing a section editor (can't scroll in the window)

--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

By markr - August 23, 2015

So, is there any fix for this?

I am using CMSB version 2.61 and iOS 8.4.1  on an iPhone 4S and the checkboxes in CMS are dead. 

I realize the iPhone is not the primary platform for updating my website but it would be nice to be able to use it in a pinch. 

By 24 - August 24, 2015

I've had the same problem for a long, long time and discussed it with Ross who couldn't replicate it via an iPhone running the same software update. I've answered lots of disgruntled customers trying to upload images and save edits that won't work while using an iPhone. All that happens is the page appears to extend every time you choose to either tick a check box or click 'upload pictures'. 

All functions work correctly on an iPad though.

By 24 - September 25, 2015

It appears, after the IOS 9.0 and 9.0.1 update that I can no longer upload .jpeg images to my site via my iPad Air 2. .jpg images are permitted however! I'm now having to use an app to convert .jpeg to .png

See attached screenshot.

Attachments:

image.jpeg 285K