Update with new features for the cms user.

16 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 14, 2015   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Toledoh - April 16, 2015

Hey Dave,

Can you consider this for the new back-end?

Within a single record section, I am able to use a separator, then enter text.  I use this to create mini instructions for the users.  However, I don't have this ability on the list view of a multi-record section.  It would be good to be able to edit a "description" field for the section that would appear above the list of records.  Maybe just a WYSIWYG field in the section editor where we could add anything, link to additional resources etc.

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
  • Archived  

By Deborah - April 16, 2015

Hi, Dave.

I would like to cast a second vote for Toledoh's idea. As it is now, to provide instructions for a CMS field, I need to first create a special CSS class, then type instructions into the separator <td>. To have the ability to create an admin-only "instructions" field for any user entry field would be ultimately helpful to me and would provide my clients with better guidance.

Another helpful feature would be a built-in URL field that includes a URL validator. I have on-page PHP code that can compensate for the missing "http://", but it doesn't compensate for someone not reading instructions and typing a page name or some other text instead of a URL. It seems that my field instructions sometimes don't scream loudly enough when it comes to URL entries.

So for me, top priorities for new admin:

1) Better way to provide field instructions
2) Specific field for entering URLs (with validation)

Thanks for hearing me out!
~ Deborah

• Archived  

By gversion - June 3, 2015

Hi Dave,

Sorry if I have missed it but is there a link to the version 3 beta now available?

Also, I am really pleased to see that the suggested theme Clip-One is using Bootstrap. Clip-Two looks pretty awesome too with AngularJS!

Thank you

Greg

• Archived  

By Maurice - July 6, 2015

What is the status on the beta release date?

-------------------------------------------

Dropmonkey.nl
  • Archived  

By Dave - July 14, 2015

Hi Guys, 

We've posted an alpha release and created a forum for testing.  You can follow our progress and post any questions or feedback here: 

https://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-topics.php?CMS-Builder-Version-3-Beta-Testers-799

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com