Auto Backup v1.04 Released

By Dave - March 5, 2015 - edited: March 19, 2015

Hi All, 

We've just released a new version of AutoBackup: 
https://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/auto-backup/

NOTE: This version requires CMSB 2.60 (Released Feb 2014)

Here's what's new in 1.04:

• Backup now runs as a "Background Task" every hour
  • You can now supply a list of tables to skip for backup. Defaults to _cron_log, _error_log, _outgoing_mail, _nlb_log
  • Backup directories: Now supporting custom backup directories
  • Backup filenames: Better hostname detection for backup filename prefix, now using hostname from: Admin > General > Program URL
  • Documentation: Warning is now displayed on Plugins and Settings menus when "Background Tasks" isn't enabled (now required).
  • Bug fix: Fixed issue where an error would sometimes be displayed when old backup files were being removed

Probably the biggest benefit is we're now running it once an hour with background tasks.  Previously you had to have traffic on your website to make it run and it would sometimes slow down page load times since it would run after the page was loaded once an hour.

Let me know any questions!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Deborah - March 10, 2015 - edited: March 19, 2015

Dave, thank you for updating this (invaluable to me) plugin!

I've had several sites that would create backups to the server backup directory, but would not send the email backup, and I could not figure why. Those sites are now sending email backups with the updated plugin.

~ Deborah

By Dave - March 10, 2015 - edited: March 19, 2015

Thanks for the feedback, Deborah!

Let us know if if any other issues arise.  Also remember that autobackup only backups up the MySQL database, so a full backup that could be restored would need to have the site files and /uploads/ folders as well.

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Damon - March 19, 2015

Just noting (to save future confusion) that the latest release available for download is actually indicated as v1.04, not 1.05.

Thanks for noticing that. I updated the title to 1.04.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/