uploadForm Button Issue?!

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 17, 2015   (RSS)

By Perchpole - March 12, 2015

Hello, All -

I'm aware that there is some clever code which masks the input button on the upload form. When you hover over the visible button the "invisible" input button suddenly sticks to your mouse allowing you to click it. Or something like that...!

What I want to know is, what controls this activation? I've been experimenting with uploadForms for different situations and in some instances the "invisible" button doesn't move/activate when hovering over the visible button.

I just wondered what I'd done to break it?

Thanks,

Perch

By Perchpole - March 12, 2015

Hello, All -

Further to my earlier post, I noticed there is some debugging code in uploadForm which give the co-ordinates of the "TriggerRegion". When I place my cursor over the visible button, the code reports: inTriggerRegion: false - which is clearly wrong!

I seem to recall from previous experiments that the problem has something to do with the relative or absolute positioning of nested elements in the dom. 

:0/

Perch

By Perchpole - March 13, 2015

All sorted.

As I suspected, one of the parent <divs> was pushing the real co-ordinates of button down the page. I applied an overflow:hidden rule and everything snapped back into place.

Perch