CMS Navigation , I understand we can indent but!

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 14, 2015   (RSS)

By Twocans - March 12, 2015

Hello,
I would like to be able to add parent and child menu to the CMS navigation (see photo). At present we have the option to indent, but it takes a lot to be desired.

Is there an add-on or something I can do to be able to create a nice nav / tree menu for the cms. As it can get complecated for a client with a hearty list in the nav where as were I able to group them in a specific manner it would be better, as i say the indenting is not very appealing.

regards

Kenny

Attachments:

cms-navigation.png 66K

By Deborah - March 13, 2015

Kenny, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this will help in organizing/grouping editor sections.

Go to 'Add New Editor' and choose for Menu Type 'Advanced Menus' > Menu Group

Then assign a Menu Name, such as "Fabrics" and for the Table Name, it could be "fabrics_menu" (just has to be unique).

Then you'll see a new colored-tab in the left-column menu under which you can drag the individual section editors you wish to display under that tab. And what's nice is that the menu groups collapse to only show the menu tab until selected.

~ Deborah

By Twocans - March 14, 2015

Absolutely brilliant, a hidden gem. I had thought the menus would have been only for front end and not the editor side.

thanks very much and have a lovely weekend

k

By Twocans - March 14, 2015

Tim thanks very much. 

cheers

Kenny