Website Comments - Reply Feature Please!

6 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: March 3, 2015   (RSS)

By Perchpole - February 11, 2015

Hello, All -

The WSC plugin has been around for many years and it's about time it had a reply feature!

It would be great if people could respond to specific posts. The replies would be shown as sub-entries beneath the original comment.

Come on iTools!

:0)

Perch

By claire - February 11, 2015

Hi Perch, thanks for the idea. I'll refer this to Dave for consideration.

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Perchpole - February 13, 2015

Hi, Dave -

I understand your thinking entirely. Often less is more. In this instance, however, I think one extra step might be useful. Take a look at this comments page on a popular UK newspaper;

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/feb/12/letter-ernest-hemingway-wife-mary-house-cuba-finca-vigia

You may need to scroll down to the bottom...

I like this because there is only one level of indent - even when people reply to a reply. When someone does reply to a reply, the system shows the name of the user the person is replying to. This acts as a link to their post - which is a really nice feature and avoids all the endless nesting issues.

The "recommendation" arrow on the right of the post is a nice bonus too.

I would like to replicate all these features in the WSC plugin. I would have to fund it myself but hope I would be able to sell it clients further down the line.

Do-able?

Perch

By Dave - February 14, 2015

Hi Perch,

Yea, absolutely do-able.  Drop me an email with a link to this post and a project you want to use it on and we can discuss more.  I'm at dave@interactivetools.com.

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Twocans - March 3, 2015

Yes I would really like something like this also. I would buy it tomorrow were it akin to Peach's description. 

k