WYSIWYG not showing 2.61 (Build 1058)

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 13, 2014   (RSS)

By csdesign - November 10, 2014

Hello!

So I've been wondering why there was no reply to my post now I realize it's not in the forum.... damn. 

I documented everything I had tried in the first one so I may or may not get all the details now since it's been a week ago - and well, I just can't remember that many details for that many days ;) 

I moved a website within the same host to a new server. When I did so, it just worked - or so I thought so I didn't do anything else. Then I noticed that the WYSIWYG field (text box) is not showing up in the admin. The content/text previously added to it before the move is showing up on the front end of the website, but now the fields are non-existent in the admin. 

I went through the forum for hours. From the best I can remember, here's what I did:  (logging out and logging back in for each step)

1) ran a reinstall - from backup

2) deleted tiny_mce zip file  from data folder . On log out/in the file was never recreated

I found 4 other things to try  and none of them worked. Sorry I'm not more detailed in this post.  Hope that's enough to go on. I greatly appreciate the help. Thanks! Tina

By gregThomas - November 11, 2014

Hi csdesign,

It sounds like you've taken the correct steps that would normally fix the issue. Please could you fill out a second level support request for me? You can find the form here:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Then we can take a closer look into what's causing the problem.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Steve99 - November 13, 2014

Hi,

I've uploaded a few php files to help you troubleshoot. We've ran into this before where the usual steps wouldn't resolve the issue and it ended up being an issue with the php build on the server. For example, one situation was the function gzencode that created the file was only able to use deflate compression where gzip compression was unavailable.

get_defined_php_functions.php
- this will output all php functions available with a link to the correlating php.net page

gzencode_available_check.php
- this checks to see if the gzencode function itself is available

gzencode_compression_method_check.php
- this checks to see if deflate and/or gzip compression is available for use on the server with this function

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steve