Flash Uploader Problem...

18 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 21, 2014   (RSS)

By celuch - November 3, 2014

I am consistently getting the error "Please login again. (or 'Disable Flash Uploader' under: Admin > General > Advanced Settings)." on several sites - all on GoDaddy servers and using the newest version of CMS Builder.  I have the latest version of the flash player installed, and I get the error in (new versions of) Safari and Firefox.  It IS working in Chrome, though.   Any suggestions?

celuch

By gregThomas - November 5, 2014

Hi  celuch,

I'm not sure what could be causing this problem. Would it be possible to fill out a second level support request so I can take a closer look at the issue:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

If you could give me FTP and login details for one of the sites affected, and I'll see if I can track down the problem.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By rconring - November 5, 2014 - edited: November 5, 2014

I have been plagued with this problem also.  It only happens on first upload.  If I immediately try the upload again, it works without the notice. Then, if I come back a couple of hours later and upload again, it fails on the first try ... then is OK again.   Seems like a session related problem.

It doesn't happen with Chrome, just Firefox and I think only on the last 2 licenses I purchased which are 2.63.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for your conclusion.

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

By Steve99 - November 12, 2014

We have also experienced this exact issue. First try gives the notice, 2nd time works. Host didn't appear to matter, as we were able to recreate this with three different hosting providers. Software version was 2.63 as well.

Steve

By Dave - November 12, 2014

Hi Guys,

Can you try reloading the page before uploading the second time?  I'm wondering if the login session has timed out.  If it has reloading should tell you to login again.  If that's the case we can try increasing the login timeout or looking into a better error message.  Let me know, thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Steve99 - November 13, 2014

Hi Dave,

It happens within a minute of signing into the cms.

Steve

By celuch - November 13, 2014

Mine will not upload any image...ever.  Doesn't matter how many, or how many times I try (first or second, etc). 

I've cleared sessions, etc with no change. 

Works fine in Chrome, so I'm just using it for now... so no immediate issue for me, just an annoyance.

celuch

By rconring - November 13, 2014

Dave ... I think it is unique to Firefox.  I cannot get it to fail using any other browser.  I test with Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, and IE. 

I just logged in to a 2.63 install for the first time today using Firefox v33 and did a test upload of an image.  I got the message (see attached) so I did the upload again and all subsequent uploads work fine.  Since Firefox is my preferred browser, I have gotten accustomed to the first upload being rejected but it is an aggravation I could easily give up! LOL

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987
Attachments:

log-in-again.jpg 48K

By Dave - November 13, 2014

Hi Guys, 

I'm working on tracking this down but having a bit of trouble reproducing it consistently.  Can anyone who's having this issue post these details:

• CMSB Versions Affected: eg 2.63
  • Uploaders Affected: Flash, non-flash, or both
  • Browsers Affected: Chrome, Firefox, etc
  • Browsers NOT Affected: Chrome, Firefox, etc
  • Admin > General > Security > Login Timeouts: eg: 15 minutes
  • Admin > General > Security > Hide PHP Errors: Checked or Unchecked  (or n/a for older versions)
  • Admin > General > Security > Check Referer: Checked or Unchecked (or n/a for older versions)

I have some guesses about what be going wrong, but I want to get some details first and confirm.  

Can you let me know the above details?  Thanks for your help!!

PS: If you haven't test other browsers or don't know something just post what you know, you don't need to spent extra time testing if you haven't already unless you want to.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com