Front-End Editor and "record_postsave" Hook

By gregThomas - October 28, 2014

Hi Perch,

It sounds like the json response your page is receiving isn't formatted correctly, this is most likely because an error is being thrown before the json response is created, and so the JavaScript can't read what is returned. 

I think looking into and fixing this is outside what we can provide with free support, but I don't think it will take long to fix. If you send an e-mail to consulting@interactivetools.com we can continue to look into the issue further.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Perchpole - October 28, 2014

Greg -

I've paid a small fortune to "consulting" in the last few months (for several small projects) and most of them are either unfinished or buggy. I know you guys have to make money but I've really lost confidence in the "hire us" model.

Perch

By Dave - October 28, 2014 - edited: October 28, 2014

Hey Perch, 

I've paid a small fortune to "consulting" in the last few months (for several small projects) and most of them are either unfinished or buggy. I know you guys have to make money but I've really lost confidence in the "hire us" model.

Ouch... Greg's been been giving you free support on custom programming issues above and beyond CMSB.  You emailed me personally a few days ago asking about an unreleased plugin (which I gave you for free), and my records show you've spent in the mid 3 digits with us in the last year.  I get it if you're having an off day, but if you need something resolved I request you talk directly the person who can address it for you, or let me know and I'll take care of it.  You don't need to vent in the forum, you have all our direct contact information.

The projects you're talking about  are so small I'd probably just give you your money back if you had asked, because it would be cheaper than talking about it.  But in reality you need to look at what you're trying to accomplish and how to get there.  If you're willing to post complaints in the forum why not put that energy into getting the issues resolved?

Email me and let me know what the project(s) were, what's missing in your view, and what would have you to be completely satisfied with it and I'll take a look.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Perchpole - October 28, 2014

Dave -

Apologies. You guys have been imensely helpful. Just something Greg said hit a nerve.

Perch

By Dave - October 28, 2014

Hi Perch, 

No worries, I know you just want to get it sorted out.  Feel free to email in to Greg or myself with the details (greg@ or dave@) and we can get the JSON issue resolved.  If there's many more steps required it may be more than we can do with free support alone, but we're happy to help with the next step of resolving the JSON error.

And for the consulting projects, please do email me direct and let me know what's missing so we can get that resolved.  I want to make sure you're completely satisfied with whatever was done.

Let me know if you need anything else, and feel free to email me anytime you have concerns.  

Cheers!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com