Adding a print function in cmsAdmin

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 19, 2014   (RSS)

By andybarn - September 10, 2014

Hi

I have a Multi Record section in cmsAdmin called Listings

I currently have approx 300 records in this section.

When I list the records out by clicking "Listings", each listing is shown in a row and has a view, modify and erase link under the Actions Header at the end.

If I click "view" I get a new screen which lists every field and content therein of this record which is great.

My customer has asked would it be possible to have a "Print" button as well, either on the view page or as an additional link to the view, modify and erase links ?

Is this possible and if so how can I add this?

Your help appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

By Damon - September 18, 2014 - edited: September 18, 2014

Hi Andy,

We could write a custom plugin that adds a "print" link under the Action column beside the view, modify and erase links. Clicking the "print" link would open that record in a new browser window displaying the content in a printer friendly template. The template could be styled with CSS and only include the fields that you wanted.

I was discussing this with Ross and to make it as customizable and useful as possible, the plugin could be designed with a setting to specifiy what section editors would have the print links and what printer templates would be used for each.  So the plugin could work with any number of section editors.

Can you send in an email to consulting@interactivetools.com with any other requirements and also let us know if what I have described sounds like it will work for your client?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/