Problems with uploads and hyperlinks

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 5, 2014   (RSS)

By MercerDesign - September 1, 2014

Hi, my client is having problems loading up documents and creating hyperlinks. I have upgraded the CMS to the latest version, I did this last week, when I test it using IE11 and Google Chrome at my end it all works fine but she still cannot load items up. Please can you help?

By Damon - September 3, 2014

Hi,

Hi, my client is having problems loading up documents and creating hyperlinks. I have upgraded the CMS to the latest version, I did this last week, when I test it using IE11 and Google Chrome at my end it all works fine but she still cannot load items up. Please can you help?

If uploading files and creating links is working for you, then we need to find out her exact steps to recreate the issue.
Questions for the client:

1. What web browser are you using (and version)?
  2. What are your steps to upload a file?What is happening or not happening?

It may also be helpful to provide step by step instructions (or video) for the client for both uploading files and creating hyperlinks.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By MercerDesign - September 4, 2014

My client is using Internet Explorer 11, that is why I did the upgrade as I know from a previoous client the upgrade fixed problems with IE 11, my client is doing exactly the same as me for loading up files and making hyperklinks, she has used the CMS for a while now so she knows how to use it and has loaded up files and made hyperlinks before.

By gregThomas - September 4, 2014

Hi MercerDesign,

Thanks for the feedback, we just need a couple more things so we can try and recreate the problem:

• Is this issue happening with the WYSIWYG upload field, or is it with a general record upload field?
  • Is any error message displayed when the upload fails?
  • Does your client have flash installed on there copy of IE? Can they see the upload button? 

Any other details you have that would allow us to recreate the problem would be great.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com