Can a Single Record Field's SORT ORDER be changed? (images)

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 13, 2014   (RSS)

By claire - August 13, 2014

Hi Tina

I'm not sure if there's an easy answer to this - I'll refer to one of the other programmers here and get back to you.

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By ross - August 13, 2014

Hi Tina

Just had a chat with Claire and have some ideas for you to think about :).

First up, changing the order of images in CMS Builder could be done with a custom plugin that we can discuss through consulting.  Basically, with a plugin we can have the images displayed in the order they were created instead of the default dragSortOrder. 

The second part to this will be looking at how the images are displayed on the front end. The default there is to order images by dragSortOrder as well so we'll need to look at some custom code to manually load the images for a record and sort that by createdDate. Depending on how comfortable you are with PHP, I can go over the code with you here in the forum or you can email me through consulting@interactivetools.com and we'll discuss us doing the coding for you.

One other idea to consider at this stage is that the first part where we discussed the plugin to re-order the images in CMS Builder isn't actually required for the second part to work. What I mean by this is if you are ok with the images still being ordered by dragSortOrder knowing that on the front end they'll be ordered by createdDate, we can save the consulting time needed to create the plugin.

How does that all sound? Let me know any questions :).

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/