Suggestion: Test Message

9 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 25, 2014   (RSS)

By Toledoh - July 8, 2014

Hey Guys,

Could I suggest that in the email templates section that you add a button for a "send test"?  This would simply send a copy of that email template to the admin email or a nominated email address.

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Dave - July 16, 2014

Hi Tim, 

Can you tell me more about how you'd want to use this?  Wouldn't the email that the user received be very similar to what is displayed in the email templates menu?

Put another way, what is the problem or challenge that this feature would be a solution to?

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Toledoh - July 16, 2014

Hey Dave,

The template can hold a number of placeholders, which are often hard to visualise from the editor.  Also, I'm now trying to make the email templates responsive, so getting an email sent out will allow me to view those emails on multiple devices.

No biggy - just a nice to have.

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Dave - July 17, 2014

Thanks guys, and what would the "Send Test" put in for the placeholder values?  Or could we just send the placeholders themselves for mockup purposes? 

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By KCMedia - July 17, 2014

Hi Dave

well yer just putting the #placeholder# would be fine for me i dont know what Tim thinks.

Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz

By Toledoh - July 17, 2014

That would be fine by me also Dave. 

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Chris - July 25, 2014

Hi everyone,

Here's a little plugin which uses Javascript to add a Send Test Email feature to the Email Templates section. Please let me know what you think!

All the best,
Chris

By KCMedia - July 25, 2014

Hi Chris

i tested this and works a treat great work.

Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz