HELP! I'm getting a "406 Not Acceptable" message

21 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 1, 2014   (RSS)

By Mikey - June 24, 2014

I installed CMS Builder on a Godaddy Linux Deluxe Server this morning. While adding content to the sections editors I've created I got the message below when trying to enter information into three text fields. Anyone ever experience this before and know of a fix?

406 Not Acceptable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>406 Not Acceptable</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Acceptable</h1>
<p>An appropriate representation of the requested resource /cmsAdmin/admin.php could not be found on this server.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
</body></html>

Thanks, Zick

By Mikey - June 25, 2014

I think this issue is related to mod_ security, but I'm not certain and what ever the issue is - I'm still unable to get this to work. Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

By claire - June 25, 2014

Hi Zicky

I've done some checking on this and it does look like it's related to mod_security. Have you talked to GoDaddy about the error?

I'll refer this to a senior programmer here.

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Mikey - June 25, 2014

Yes, I reached out to Godaddy, but hit a dead end with them. I don't have the ability to modify the setting through cPanel and Godaddy won't change the mod_security setting for me.

By claire - June 25, 2014

Okay, can you email your cmsAdmin login to me? My address is claire@interactivetools.com.

I'll see if I can find anything obvious.

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Mikey - June 25, 2014

Cool -as soon as I get in the office I'll pass n the info.

By Mikey - June 25, 2014

Hey Claire - the info you requested has been sent, along with an explanation, snapshots and a direct link to the section where the issue is triggering the 406.

By Mikey - June 25, 2014

Hey Claire - just wanted to see if you got the log in info I sent.

By rconring - June 30, 2014

I recently started using Go Daddy hosting and had the same error.  I called tech support and after a lengthy discussion with the support person about the issue, she put me on hold and got the sys admin to modify the mod_security setting.  All is well now.  I don't know why they told you they couldn't do it for you.

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987