Excessive length of upload field using Show/Hide Fields Plugin

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 5, 2014   (RSS)

By rconring - May 28, 2014

Tim Forest asked this question back in March and I cannot find an answer. 

"When a dependent field is a file upload, the vertical height of the upload section in the editor is huge.  How can we fix this?"

Has anyone ever figured out how to fix the problem.  I have a file that has multiple upload fields and when I use the plugin to control which fields are displayed, the upload fields make the page about a mile long, putting the last upload field just short of Beijing! 

There has to be a way to fix this.

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

By claire - June 4, 2014

Hi Ron

Sorry for the late reply, we're just catching up on older forum threads now.

Can you send me a screenshot of this? I'll try to replicate the problem here and see if I can help you with a fix.

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By rconring - June 4, 2014

This is more of an aggravation than a serious problem.

When an upload field is included in a conditional display using the show-hide fields plugin, it does not render correctly in some browsers.  The screenshot I am including is from Firefox (latest version).  As you can see, it is HUGE and is same in IE8!  Chrome seems to only double it's length, Opera and Safari seem to render it OK.

I think it only happens when adding a new record ... seems to render correctly once something is uploaded to it OR when saved and reopened for edit.  It also renders OK if it is the last field on the page.

This is not a priority but would like to get it resolved at some point. 

Ron Conring
Attachments:

large-upload-fields.png 390K

By claire - June 5, 2014

Hi Ron

I've checked out the plugin's code, and I think the Javascript there is interfering with the height of the iframe or the table row that's used for each upload field. Basically the show/hide functionality is breaking the form's CSS in a way that only produces an effect in some browsers. This is a pretty tricky problem, hard to nail down - especially in IE8 - but it's likely that some kind of fix to the JS will resolve this.

This is about as far as I can go with this for support on the forum, unfortunately. If it really starts to bother you, you can send an email to consulting@interactivetools.com and we can look into it further.

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By rconring - June 5, 2014

Thanks, Claire!  I figured as much.  No problem ... I will make do for now.

Ron Conring