Category Menu Documentation

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 24, 2014   (RSS)

By kitsguru - May 18, 2014

I have been trying to find the documentation for the Category Menu section Editor and getCategories function call.I can find bits and pieces in the tutorial in the forum and scattered around in other posts but finding what I want has taken me over 4 hours.

Also I found reference to the fact that a code generator for the Caterory Menu item was supposed to be in the next release - dated 2008. Is this every going to be released?

SO what are all the options for getCategories and what do they do?

Plugin development documentation is also hard to come by.

The lack of documentation is very frustrating, PLEASE, PLEASE -- do this and add it to the documentaton pages and not bury it in the forums.

Jeff Shields

By kitsguru - May 19, 2014

Thanks for this Dave

Jeff Shields

By Dave - May 22, 2014

Hi All, 

We've been talking about this internally (and I've received some additional feedback over email from other users) and we've decided we're going to work on creating at least a basic code generator for categories in the next week.   I'll post more details here with beta instructions when we have something to test.

And Jeff, if you're still working on this and there's specific things you still can't do let me know. 

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By kitsguru - May 24, 2014

select list option would be a nice addition to li with optgroup around sub categories. I build me own functions for it and works well.

Jeff Shields