High Website Traffic

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 24, 2014   (RSS)

By mizrahi - April 24, 2014 - edited: April 24, 2014

Who is your hosting provider? I used to get these messages all the time on sites hosted at Network Solutions.

By wevolutions - April 24, 2014

I am on a dedicated server using HostGator. My website gets about 12,000 visitors minimum per day.

They recommend the best course of action here will be to optimize the MySQL queries for this site or add caching to it to reduce the number of MySQL requests.

I have no idea how to do this so I thought someone here might be able to assist in this regard.

By rez - April 24, 2014 - edited: April 24, 2014

I've seen this message on Hostagtor as well. This isnt a thread about a dedicated server but if you read through it, you will understand a little more about processes and connections and it may give you direction. For this OP's account, there is a 25 connection limit:

http://forums.hostgator.com/25-connections-max-mysql-feel-little-t112167.html

So it seems you need to know what the limitations of a dedicated hostgator server are and if you are hitting that limit or some poor scripts are causing it.   EDIT: from your message above: "Database Server MySQL v5.1.73 (Max Connections: 100) "

This post will probably be moved to off topic but I am interested in your resolution and more info as you find it. Please post back when you resolve this? :) I also use Hostgator but don't have the traffic that you have yet. 

By the way, if you start a ticket at Hostgator instead of using their live chat, you will probably get a more knowledgeable tech. It's a slow process :(.