Version 2.60 and Show/Hide Dependent Fields PLUS

15 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: March 23, 2014   (RSS)

By Dave - March 10, 2014

Hi nmsinc, 

We've upgraded to the latest jQuery so that could be the cause.  I'll forward an email to the author of that plugin (it's not ours) and let them know.

Thanks.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By nmsinc - March 10, 2014

Thanks Dave

nmsinc

By soylent17 - March 10, 2014

I have uploaded an update that should work with the new version of CMS Builder.  Once approved, the updated plugin version will be 0.93. 

By Dave - March 10, 2014

Thanks Cy!

nmsinc, 0.93 is live here: http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/showhide-dependent-fields-plus/

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By nmsinc - March 10, 2014

Sorry - still does not work !

nmsinc

By soylent17 - March 11, 2014

• Your browser may be caching the old version.  Do a full refresh (Shift + F5) on the page and see if that fixes it.  
  • Did you overwrite your config file?  If you overwrite your config file with the newly downloaded one, your customizations will be lost.  
  • You may need to go back into the Plugins menu and re-enable the plugin after upgrading.
  • What web browser are you using?  Are you getting a script error?
  • If none of these things resolve the issue, do you have a live site I can look at?

On a side note, I've updated the code again (v0.94) to ensure config files don't get overridden when upgrading in the future.

By nmsinc - March 11, 2014

Hi soylent17,

Did everything as you suggested and still no luck. The site is protected and is under license so giving access is out of the question. I will however give a quick look at how I'm using your suggested code below. Also, Much of the CMS section uses MySQL query -can this be an issue?

<?php if(!isset($shdfpIncluded)) die('Restricted Access');

// refer to instructions.txt for detailed instructions and examples

$fields = array(

// enter your rule sets here //

'claims_submission' => array(                        // the name of the section to which this rule set applies
           'claim_status' => array(                             // the name of the field that changes
                '_none_'       => array(),                      // show these fields when nothing is selected
    'Other'        => array('status_other'),        // show these fields when a value not listed below is selected
    '_any_value_'  => array(),                      // show these fields when the value of eventFieldName is any value
   ),
  ),

// enter your rule sets here //

'claims_submission'  => array(
  'member_company' => array(
    '_none_'       => array('other_insurance', 'insurance_representative', 'other_address_1', 'other_address_2', 'other_city', 'other_state', 'other_zip_code', 'other_phone_number', 'insurance_company_email', 'auto_email_insurance_company'),
    '_any_value_'  => array('insurance_representative', 'insurance_dispatcher', 'insurance_processor', 'insurance_adjuster', 'insurance_agent'),
   ),
  ),

);

$devmode = false;

?>

nmsinc

By soylent17 - March 12, 2014 - edited: March 12, 2014

You have the table defined twice, which will break the code.  Here is how you need it:

<?php if(!isset($shdfpIncluded)) die('Restricted Access');

// refer to readme.txt for detailed instructions and examples

$fields = array(

'claims_submission' => array(

'claim_status' => array(
      '_none_'       => array(),
      'Other'        => array('status_other'),
      '_any_value_'  => array(),
    ),

'member_company' => array(
      '_none_'       => array('other_insurance', 'insurance_representative', 'other_address_1', 'other_address_2', 'other_city', 'other_state', 'other_zip_code', 'other_phone_number', 'insurance_company_email', 'auto_email_insurance_company'),
      '_any_value_'  => array('insurance_representative', 'insurance_dispatcher', 'insurance_processor', 'insurance_adjuster', 'insurance_agent'),
    ),

),

);

$devmode = false;

?>

If it helps, you can write it this way instead:

<?php if(!isset($shdfpIncluded)) die('Restricted Access');

// refer to readme.txt for detailed instructions and examples

$fields = array(); // only necessary if pre v0.94

$fields['claims_submission']['claim_status'] = array(
  '_none_'      => array(),
  'Other'       => array('status_other'),
  '_any_value_' => array(),
);

$fields['claims_submission']['member_company'] = array(
  '_none_'      => array('other_insurance', 'insurance_representative', 'other_address_1', 'other_address_2', 'other_city', 'other_state', 'other_zip_code', 'other_phone_number', 'insurance_company_email', 'auto_email_insurance_company'),
  '_any_value_' => array('insurance_representative', 'insurance_dispatcher', 'insurance_processor', 'insurance_adjuster', 'insurance_agent'),
);

$devmode = false;

?>

I'm thinking the second way will be the easiest for people to understand, so I'll likely change the examples to resemble this in a future release.

By nmsinc - March 12, 2014

Thanks for the help - nice job on this plugin by the way - everything works just great!

nmsinc

nmsinc