Error message with uploading image in WYSIWYG

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 26, 2014   (RSS)

By meg - February 11, 2014

One of my clients is experiencing an error when trying to upload an image using the WYSIWYG. Any suggestions?

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/public_html/cms/uploads//thumb/march13_001.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /public_html/admin/lib/image_functions.php on line 70 Error saving file!

By meg - February 25, 2014

I checked the file permissions and adjusted them. However, I'm still getting the error. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

By Dave - February 26, 2014

Hi meg,

For some reason the server isn't allowing PHP to save that file.  The next thing I'd check is if the server disk is full (Check under: Admin > General > Disk Space or try to upload a file via FTP).  After that check if there's tens of thousands of files in the uploads folders.  Some Linux versions have a limit on how many files can be in one folder but it's usually 65,535 or more.  See if you can manually upload a file to the uploads folder via FTP.

If none of that helps, or you'd like us to take a look, can you put through a second level support ticket here:
https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com