Notice: CMSB v2.60 Beta 1 (Jan 30, 2014)
Hi, Chris. Thanks for your feedback. I'm reading up on the suggested topics and look forward to trying it out. I agree that any speed improvement is desireable!
The test results I posted are from an installation using two Linux VPSs. One VPS has a solid-state drive and hosts the databases, while a second VPS hosts the websites. I've been very pleased with database responsiveness with this setup as compared to shared hosting.
Thanks for continuing to improve CMSB!
Sure, see our addons page here: http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/
I can show all the addons with the keyword "builder" like this:
And all the addons with the keyword "login' like this:
But if you wanted to show addons that contain "builder" or "login" this doesn't work:
Because PHP overwrites the first value with the second (it just shows plugins with "login" in the name). To get around this you can put  before the = and it tells PHP to store those values as a list (or array). And we've added some code to detect that and turn it into an or search.
So now this works (you just need to add  before the =
You can safely add  after any fieldname, even if you're just searching for one value. Here it is in a search form:
Keyword 1: <input type="text" name="name_keyword" value="" /><br/>
Keyword 2: <input type="text" name="name_keyword" value="" /><br/>
And you can also do multi-value <select>'s as well.
So anytime you submit a search form or URL with two fields of the same name, so long as there is  after the fieldname it will do an OR search for all the submitted values.
Hope that makes sense. Let me know any questions.
And probably the most common example would be a multiple value list field or multiple checkboxes.
Here's some examples of those:
<form action="?" method="get">
Show records from division(s):<br/>
A <input type="checkbox" name="division_match" value="A">
B <input type="checkbox" name="division_match" value="B">
C <input type="checkbox" name="division_match" value="C">
D <input type="checkbox" name="division_match" value="D">
E <input type="checkbox" name="division_match" value="E"><br/><br/>
Show members from countries (hold ctrl to select multiple):<br/>
<select name="country_match" multiple="multiple" size="5">
<input type="submit" />
I much appreciate your provided examples and explanations.There's a couple of website applications I have in mind that I could use this with and can't wait to test it out on my own.
here is a speed test run from our server using v2.60
KC Media Solutions
Thanks for your feedback. I've released v2.60 final. Here's the updated changelog items since the last beta.
- Admin Backup: These log tables are now skipped during backup: _outgoing_mail, _cron_log (can be overridden with plugin filter backupDatabase_skippedTables)
- CMS Menus: Image preview thumbnails are now limited in height so extremely tall images don't make page too long
- CMS Menus: Dates on list pages now display in whatever format is specified under: Admin > General > Regional Settings
- Compatibility: Fixed PHP 5.5 warning: Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated
- Images: Using new faster image resizing code by default
- Security: Disabled autocomplete on login username and password fields so sensitive data won't be remembered in browser
- Viewers: whereRecordNumberInUrl() now ignores Google AdWords auto-tagging values (gclid) when determining record numbers
You can download the latest version here: https://www.interactivetools.com/order/upgrade.php
Feel free to post any questions on a new thread, thanks!
Hi Beta Testers,
We've released a patch for a potential security issue found in the 2.60 release. If you're running 2.60 please follow the instructions here to upgrade to 2.61:
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need any assistance (we're always happy to help).