CMSB 2.53 - WYSIWYG Fix for Internet Explorer 11

7 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 13, 2014   (RSS)

• Archived  

By ispro@me.com - February 5, 2014

I have a client on 2.53 who swears that she used to be able to type in an email address or a URL and it would be automatically recognized as such if it was in a WYSIWYG field, i.e. it would create mailto: and <a> code.   I tried upgrading tiny_mce as suggested, but it still is not happening.   Does this functionality exist or are we hallucinating?

Volodymyr

• Archived  

By Chris - February 5, 2014

Hi Volodymyr,

The feature you're describing is provided by the TinyMCE autolink plugin. I'm not sure if it's always been provided by that plugin or whether the feature used to be built-in and upgrading caused it to be disabled, so I can't answer your question -- but I can tell you how to get it (back)! :)

You'll want to add the autolink plugin to the list of TinyMCE plugins in cmsAdmin/lib/wysiwyg.php. Of course, you'll want to follow the instructions at the top of that file to make a "custom" copy of the file so your changes don't get overwritten when you upgrade. There are also two places in the file where you'll need to add the plugin. Both lines look like this, and you'll want to add the text in red:

'plugins'   => 'inlinepopups,contextmenu,table,fullscreen,paste,media,spellchecker,autolink',

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Chris
  • Archived  

Sounds plausible, but when I did as you instructed, all that happened was that all the WYSIWYG fields were no longer rendered.   The field names were present, to the left, but no field box.   Must be something missing?

Volodymyr

• Archived  

By northernpenguin - February 5, 2014 - edited: February 5, 2014

Interesting.  I tried it on 3 of my sites so far and it worked without any problems.

p.s.  Just did some testing, and it seems that  the solution only works with the version of TinyMCE that Chris provided.  It did exactly what you noted with the original CMSB v2.53.

--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke
  • Archived  

I tried the same thing, and it also worked.  Great job, northern penguin!

• Archived  

By Dave - February 13, 2014

Hi All,

We've just released 2.60, which includes this fix, so I'm going to lock this thread.

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com