Changing autoBackup storage location

By gversion - January 5, 2014

Hello,

I have purchased some mounted backup space from my hosting provider. There is now a directory in the absolute root of my VPS called "backups" and I would like to be able to store the backups that my autoBackup plugin script takes to this mounted location. I think I have found the line of code (Line 23) that defines the default location of the backups:

$GLOBALS['AUTOBACKUP_DIR']    = realpath(DATA_DIR .'/backups');

I have tried changing this to be as follows but it is not working:

$GLOBALS['AUTOBACKUP_DIR']    = realpath($SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/backups');

I am not sure if that is because the DOCUMENT_ROOT is not actually the same as the server root. Perhaps I should change this to be as follows:

$GLOBALS['AUTOBACKUP_DIR'] = realpath('ROOTPATH' . '/backups');

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, is there any way I can manually run the backup script because currently I can only test once per hour?!

Thank you,

Greg

By jenolan - January 5, 2014

If you really mean that the storage is at the 'root; of the vps the path would be only '/backups' if you ssh in as root and do 'cd /backups' and that lands you in the spot then that is the right path. Problem may arrive if you do not have permission for web scripts to go outside the base directory .. google 'php open_basedir' for more information.

If you have changed the backup directory setting in the admin option > General Settings > Backup & Restore should be pointing to where you redirect the backups.

---
<?= "Jenolan(Larry) :: Coding Since 1973" ?>
Peace and Long Life

By gversion - January 5, 2014

Hi Larry,

Many thanks for the prompt response. I have just logged in via SSH and when I type cd /backups I am indeed taken to the right location. So I have changed the code in line 23 to be as follows:

$GLOBALS['AUTOBACKUP_DIR']    = ('/backups');

However, when I view the location of the backups under "Backup & Restore" in General Settings it still says, "Create a backup file in /data/backups/", which is not the correct location.

Do you know if there is somewhere else in the code that I need to update the location?

Also, do you know how I can manually run the backup script so it stores a dump? When I try and visit the script's URL through my browser I just receive an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function addAction() in /home/myaccount/public_html/cmsAdmin/plugins/autoBackup/autoBackup.php on line 27

Thank you for your kind help.

Regards,

Greg

By ross - January 20, 2014

Just wanted to jump in here and let anyone else following along that we've taken this into consulting as it looks like the change needs to be hardcoded into the plugin. I'll update the thread again once we've had a chance to think this one through.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Damon - January 30, 2014

Hi Greg,

Just sent you an email but wanted to update the thread as well.

Auto Backup 1.04 will be released next week and fixes the handling of custom autobackup directory.

When it is available, it can be downloaded under "My Pruchases" here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/my_purchases.php

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/