Auto import section editors upon installation of CMS Builder

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 20, 2014   (RSS)

By Mikey - January 2, 2014

This will probably sound like a stupid question... but is it possible to use existing section editors that have been created for another website and automatically import them during an installation of CMS Builder for an entirely new website that is practically identical to the previous website?

For example, I built a website for a client and I have to roll out 5 more just like it - all under 5 new CMS Builder licenses. So what I'd like to do is automate as much of the recreation of the 5 additional sites during the installation of CMS Builder.... thereby reducing my work load.

So the end-game is that I install CMS Builder and during the installation all my sections of the website are created, the database records are created and all I have to do is start loading content to all the newly created sections - created during the CMS Builder install.

Thanks for the feedback and help,

Zick

By Mikey - January 3, 2014

Thanks Daryl,

I look forward to giving this a try. I've often wondered if this could be done, but never followed through nor inquired until now.

By Mikey - February 20, 2014

Hey Daryl,

So I performed an install this evening - with section record files placed in the data/schema/  directory.... worked like a charm!

Thanks for the guidance, this is going to save me a ton of time going forward.

Zick