Membership plugin question

By shawnpatoka - October 11, 2013

I was interested in the membership plugin but i had a question if it would suit my needs or not.

my website is www.seenstream.com. if you enter a zip code to go to the list area and click on one of the starred results it will take you to a minipage specific to that bar. My question is, with this Membership plugin, could I make it so each bar could have their own log-in information to log in to change the information on their specific page?

Thanks

By jenolan - October 11, 2013 - edited: October 11, 2013

AFAIK you should be able to use the built-in admin users, give them access to only edit their own records, then set the section to allow allow one record per user should be dun'n'dusted.

---
<?= "Jenolan(Larry) :: Coding Since 1973" ?>
Peace and Long Life

By shawnpatoka - October 12, 2013

I think that would work if we didnt have very many users. but if all goes well, there should be thousands of different users needing to update their own pages.

By Chris - October 17, 2013

Hi shawnpatoka,

I see you're already using the Geocoder plugin, which I was about to recommend. :)

jenolan is right: you can accomplish this with normal CMS user accounts. You'll definitely want to restrict your users to only be able to see and update their own data by setting their Section Access to "By Section", and give them "Author" access to the section you want them to update (e.g. "bar_pages"), and set a Max Records limit of 1, so they can only have the one page.

There shouldn't be a problem with using CMS user accounts like this to handle thousands of users. Please let me know if you foresee a problem with this approach or have any questions.

All the best,
Chris